Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > The Roots of Obama's Rage forum

Any number can play this game

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2010 1:48:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2011 6:09:38 PM PST
Mr. Dinesh D'Souza was actually born in Mumbai (formerly Bombay), India of Roman Catholic parents who hail from Goa, a small colony of Portugal on India's western coast until it was forcibly occupied and annexed by India in 1961. It is plain from his background that Mr. D'Souza's secretly craves to ruled by Europeans, and that his lingering resentment over India's takeover of Goa fuels his deep-seated hostility to multiethnic, pluralistic, democratic societies--such as India and the United States. This emerged with shocking clarity in his 2007 book, "The Enemy At Home: The Cultural Left and Its Responsibility for 9/11", where Mr. D'Souza's warm admiration for Islamists, and sickening apologias for their terrorism caused even many conservatives to retch. (But that was then; now the Right has mostly joined Mr. D'Souza in his well-documented rabid hatred of America's liberty and pluralism.)

Mr. D'Souza's very surname indicates that his Roman Catholic faith is the morbid, knee-jerk authoritarian, Iberian variety that inspired the forced conversion or expulsion of Jews from the Iberian peninsula over five-hundred years ago. Merely on the basis of this, a disinterested observer can conclude that Mr. D'Souza is really a secret anti-Semite. His anti-Jewish views are so well-known, and so cunningly concealed, that no evidence of them even exists--as yet.

Similarly, Mr. D'Souza was no doubt imbued by his parents with India's rigid caste system, which taught him to look down on those with dark skins--including perhaps even himself, possibly subconciously. The lowest caste, 'Untouchables' (now called Dalits)--who tend to be of Dravidian extraction and dark-skinned--are restricted to the lowliest occupations (such as street sweeper or latrine cleaner) and are held to be ritually polluting to higher castes (even if their shadows should fall on a member of a higher caste!). They are routinely subjected to discrimination, even murder. Perhaps this color- and caste-consciousness explains Mr. D'Souza's infamous whitewash (no pun intended) of black slavery and segregation in the U.S., contained in another of his previous tomes, "The End of Racism: Principles for a Multiracial Society" Here, Mr. D'Souza helpfully explains that slavery and segregation were both actually good for black Americans. (They protected blacks from even worse treatment, you see.) It appears that Mr. D'Souza has transferred his notion that a dark skin signals social inferiority from an Indian to an American context where this does not (or at least should not) exist. The secret fear of being 'tainted' by an inferior caste, and the secret resentment of a man of color being elected U.S. President (a man whose skin tone is lighter that Mr. D'Souza's--oh, the ignominy!) may ultimately be at the root of Mr. D'Souza's rage. This fetid whirlpool of hatred and self-hatred may even explain his latest witless screed. It appears from it that Mr. D'Souza has been doing some latrine cleaning himself.

The facts stated here are from multiple, varied, and authoritative references; I defy anyone to disprove any of them. They are at least as rock-solid as anything in "The Roots of Obama's Rage".

I believe a fair and balanced look at the available (and unavailable) evidence indicates that Mr. D'Souza is a dangerous foreign agent who was primed by his parents to disrupt and discombobulate the American society that took them in. His 'naturalization' papers should be openly divulged and minutely scrutinized for anything that might serve as a convenient pretext to deport him back to his native India. May we also please see his baptismal certificate? My hunch is that Mr. D'Souza is a secret Muslim!

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 7:56:26 AM PST
Your annoying screed is only loosely related to this book and substitutes personal attacks and false assertions about the author for substantive argument about the author's copious and well-documented points. You exemplify everything that is wrong with modern political discourse.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2010 12:19:30 PM PST
The REV says:
Wow! Are you aware that you have completely "distorted" all of it, to the point of being downright delusional! Or are you hypnotized? Seriously, talk about complete bias and rage. I highly recommend Dr. Terri Real in assisting you with your own rage. Good luck.

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 2:05:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2010 2:06:51 PM PST
I'm glad that my parody of Mr. D'Souza's vile book finally managed to take in at least a few of the boobs. But then the book reads like self-parody--anyone who could take such nonsense seriously obviously wouldn't recognize satire if it bit them.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 9:04:37 AM PDT
I just scrolled through 32 pages of 5 star reviews and I couldn't believe how many of the exact same reviews, by the same reviewers, came up more than once. Surely it shows passion to care so much about a book that you want to inflate the rating, but it also shows dishonesty that's beneath the intelligence of the reviewers. I can't explain how seemingly intelligent people can show such paranoia, to willingly believe Dinesh's propaganda.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2012 4:22:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 25, 2012 4:23:17 PM PDT
Sadiq Das says:
Nathan,

Its quite late to be responding to your post but I had a hearty laugh after reading it and felt compelled to write here. Mr Hatteras extrapolates psychological "meaning" from Mr D'Souza's background and arrives at conclusions about his personality and existence in much the same way that D' Souza uses Obama's background and words loosely to determine his psychological make up as a anti-American President. The funniest thing is Mr Hatteras also included a line about the credibility of his attacks on D'Souza which was meant to incite silly responses from D'Souza supporters like yourself. And you fell for it! ha! Precious!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Oct 4, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Roots of Obama's Rage (Libray Edition)
The Roots of Obama's Rage (Libray Edition) by Dinesh D'Souza (Audio Cassette - September 27, 2010)
4.3 out of 5 stars (943)