What is the nurti bullet made out of.... stainless steel? what are the cups, glass? plastic? Is it BPA free?
asked by S. Kast on August 24, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
It is BPA free, but unfortunately, it is not completely toxin-free (at least this what I think). I have read several articles that says manufacturers are not using bisphenol A anymore, but that they are using something that is actually worse. I am sorry to say this is probably true of the nutribullet, so I do not store smoothies in the containers and drink the smoothies immediately and clean and dry them immediately and store them out of sunlight etc. Check out this article for yourself. Perhaps if the manufacturers see this and hear our disappointment, they will actually find a permanent and better solution. http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/even-bpa-free-bottles-might-leach-worrisome-chemicals-1.978033
BombedBeaver answered on October 7, 2012
Comment (1) | 77 of 83 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mostly plastic but the cutting blades are stainless steel, you can find out more on their web site, although their ads are terrible! It does a great job and the best part is that it is very easy to clean
Mark P answered on February 23, 2013
Comments (3) | 21 of 21 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The chemical they replace BPA with is actually more toxic than BPA, not to mention other toxins in plastic that the general public doesn't usually hear about. I don't understand why such a product would even be made with plastics, kind of defeats a bit of its purpose and credibility...and that David Wolfe would promote that. I would buy it if the plastic parts were replaced with glass. I'd be willing to pay more for a glass option. Maybe if enough people contact the company with their concerns they would offer one...
Nomi answered on November 24, 2013
Comment | 24 of 24 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am sorry to hear this thing is plastic. Sounds like a great product but I do not buy plastic blenders, whatever kind of plastic it is. How unfortunate that manufacturers will not give the option to buy quality parts instead of junk.
Mnemosine answered on December 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 39 of 43 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›