Customer Discussions > One Man Band forum

obviously i don't have the product yet, but...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 16, 2007 8:52:59 AM PDT
... i attended the Beacon Theatre show back in November, and it was truly incredible. i've hoped for a while that it would be released on video, and now it's (almost) here! this will be a must-have a for all JT fans.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2007 5:34:36 AM PDT
I'm sure this is going to be excellent. From the description it is going to include a set list from recent concerts at the Colonial Theatre in the Berkshires. I have always hoped for a retrospective from the early 70's (VH1 Classic shows a 1971 concert on its BBC Crown Jewels series every once in a while) through present. I've seen him in concert countless times and one in particular that stands out was during the mid - 80's when he synced up to a big reel to reel tape deck that was propped up on a chair and interacted with it during "Shower the People". It was long before he had the backup singers doing the outro. It was real cool stuff...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2007 1:10:45 PM PST
Zappmacca says:
I remember that from a 1982 concert I saw in Florida. You really triggered an old memory there. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 12:30:23 AM PDT
J. MINARD says:
Yes, I remember seeing him at the Sunrise Musical Theater in Ft. Lauderdale around 1982. He called his accompanying reel-to-reel tape deck, "Revox", I think. I always wondered how he was able to synch the Revox to play the harmonizing background vocals at the precise moment. He is the best, still.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  One Man Band forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 16, 2007
Latest post:  Oct 13, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
One Man Band
One Man Band by James Taylor (Audio CD - 2007)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (161)