Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player
Used & New from: $89.99
I have an older Tv with Component connect..... suggests for selection ?
asked by silas bell on December 6, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
All new Blu Ray players are limited to 480i over component. If you want HD, you'll need to find a used Blu Ray player made before 2011. Those can output 1080i over component, but with a decent TV it will look identical to 1080p24.
M. Cooper answered on December 23, 2012

Buy an HDMI to Component Video converter box. Currently Amazon has three for sale:
B009YP7Y56 -- HDfuryproTwo Input HDMI to RGB Component YPbPr / VGA 2x1 Switch Converter Support 5.1CH Surround Sound

B009C4R6PW -- Lenkeng LKV384 HDMI to Component + Stereo Audio Converter

B008MPB9YQ -- EnjoyGadgets HDMI to VGA & Component YPbPr Video Converter Adapter, Support Audio, S/PDIF, 5 RCA

B007MD4HGG -- Monoprice HDMI to Component (YPbPr) & R/L Stereo Audio Converter [it looks like this last one should be avoided]
craigzon harmer answered on December 7, 2012

It has a component video out. If you TV accepts a component in (yellow socket) it will work.
AMARENDRA TEMBE answered on December 27, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›