Am I the only one who gets it with defective non stick plates?
asked by RacerR4c3r on October 6, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
votes
My plates seem to be pretty non-stick and very easy to clean. Are you using a little Pam or butter/oil when you use the press? I spray a little Pam on before making any sandwiches and have not had s problem.
Laura Hagenbuch answered on October 8, 2012

A
votes
I'm not sure what you mean by "gets it": Are you saying, "Who else believes that there is such a thing as defective non-stick plates?" Could you be more specific?

I don't think you are the only one who has ever had trouble with non-stick surfaces. As far as the non-stick plates that come with this particular product, I have found them to be very substantial.

Knowing the quality of this Cuisinart product, I would question anyone who thought the plates were "defective". And I would ask that these questions: Were all directions followed? Were the plates ever cleaned with abrasive products? Was Dawn Power Dissolver used? Was an Easy Off Oven Cleaner used? Did a fork or knife nick the surface? Any of those things can damage non-stick surfaces. In many cases, an inexperienced product-user might term something "defective" when it's actually human error.
I Do the Speed Limit answered on October 8, 2012

A
votes
Well I can't speak for everyone but I haven't had any trouble with mine, although it is still fairly new.
Da Bears answered on October 8, 2012

A
votes
The plates on mine were good, in spite of the other issues with the unit.
JackieLa answered on October 9, 2012

A
votes
My plates have not shown any sign of being defective.
karenfromflorida answered on October 9, 2012

A
votes
My plates are still good, and my sister has one too and her plates are good also. But I want to get this as a replacement: http://www.hsn.com/kitchen-dining/greenpan-ultimate-sear-1800-watt-gourmet-nonstick-grill-with-10-recipe-cards_p-6513098_xp.aspx
yaya007 answered on October 9, 2012

A
votes
My plates are fine. For normal cooking we put nothing on our Cuisinart Griddler plates, but when we use the waffle plates (purchased separately) we use our Misto Gourmet Olive Oil Sprayer to mist the plates lightly with olive oil between each set of waffles. Clean up is always a breeze.
woodworker4life answered on October 9, 2012

A
votes
I always use a light spritz of Pam, regardless of the "non-stick" status and it hasn't ever failed me. Try that and hopefully you won't have anymore issues!
mmdetloff answered on October 9, 2012

A
votes
unfortunately you must be. I have one of these and it has worked perfectly. Temp controls work great. It cleans up easily and nothing sticks to the plates that won't come off with soap and water. Sorry it wasn't so for you. Use cooking spray on plates as reccommeneded by the makers.
Ralph C. Browne answered on October 10, 2012

A
votes
Ive got an older model from around 2008/9. My plates have started to lose their nonstick coating. Theyve only been handwashed. Theyve got a nice black coating of crap that has gotten stuck on them over the years.
Miguel answered on September 17, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›