Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on PlasmaCar
Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360 forum

Am I the only one praying for an optional first-person mode?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 12, 2012 1:40:31 PM PDT
I tried out a few different first-person mods when I played GTA IV on the PC at a friends house, and it gave the game an entirely different playstyle and feel. The city also seemed a lot larger and cooler.

Sure, the first-person mods were a little buggy and glitched sometimes, but they were freaking fun. So am I the only one hoping that Rockstar puts an official, non-buggy first-person mode in from the beginning so we have the option of playing in first-person?

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 4:22:45 PM PDT
Mike Sanders says:
I played that mod too. It would be neat if they made it so you could switch perspectives in gameplay like in Skyrim, GTA IV had a button that let you adjust camera distance so it's not that far off

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 5:54:15 PM PDT
jones says:
Gta is third person and was always meant to be. I am playing it the way it was intended even if there is a first person mode. Third person is just better for GTA; if you were able to switch it like Skyrim, one or the other would suffer, usually the third person. If third person stayed how it was and you went into first,the camera would swing all over the place, but if they did what the Elder Scrolls did, the third person must compensate for the way first person controls. R* makes the most highly polished third person of any gaming company; they know if a game is going to be in all third person, well it better damn well look good. Maybe they would have an option for that, but I think that would be pretty stupid. It just isn't Rockstar to me. If you want fp, leave it to the modders. They did it with the last game, and they'll do it with this one. I really don't want Rockstar to take a billion more years making a first person option. I just want the best third person experience ever!

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 9:05:58 PM PDT
Chris94 says:
would be terrible.

Posted on May 9, 2012 11:51:42 AM PDT
Mike Sanders says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 15, 2012 8:21:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 8:21:19 AM PDT
C. Jackson says:
I'm not praying for it, but in fairness, I don't pray for anything. It would be a nice feature though. I think it'd make driving cars (seeing the interior and all) more appealing. You would see a living city all around you.

Doubt it'll be implemented though. I couldn't see Rockstar throwing in a first person perspective and hooker action at the same time without running risk of an Adult Only rating. At that point, it isn't even worth it, not because of the age restriction, but because too many countries would ban it. Those bans dig into profit margins.

Posted on May 16, 2012 5:54:35 PM PDT
Satoru S. says:
nope I would hate it in first person

Posted on May 17, 2012 2:13:31 PM PDT
B. Bayer says:
pray for it all you want, it's never gonna happen.

Posted on May 18, 2012 4:57:01 PM PDT
daggertoes83 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 19, 2012 4:22:32 PM PDT
Chris94 says:
Call of duty and gta should not mix!

Posted on May 19, 2012 11:10:16 PM PDT
Woocls says:
I don't need first person. Instead I hope they dump the aim assist from RDR and Max Payne 3 and actually make the free aim more responsive.

Posted on May 28, 2012 8:26:59 PM PDT
Mike Sanders says:
In Skyrim you can switch in and out of third and first person by simply pressing a button, in GTA 4 there was a button for switching the camera between Far away, Medium and over the shoulder. So it isn't that far off...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2012 9:48:10 AM PDT
SS21 says:
Yes you are the only one. It would not be Grand Theft Auto if it were in first person!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 10:13:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2013 2:17:19 PM PDT
jones says: do know that GTA IV was not the first GTA to have perspective changes. GTA 3 had more than three, it even gave you an old school overhead perspective AND you could look around with the c-stick in first person. By San Andreas they had it down to three camera perspectives, and IV kept it the same. They could have done first person a long time ago if they had wanted...but clearly Rockstar is going for less camera angles, if anything.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:02:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:02:23 AM PST
J. Nelson says:
Why don't you get Far Cry 3 instead? It's in first person.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:55:23 PM PST
I just checked that out, meh. Looks like a rehashed Just Cause 2.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:55:12 AM PST
C. Daniel says:
GTA 5 First person o_O? If it aint Broke don't fix it. GTA DO NOT need first person view that would suck if they ever even thought about it. But with all these Intense graphics that they are inputting in games now, first person might surprisingly look amazing.... anything is possible when it comes to gaming so to those saying Rockstar will never do such thing; unless you work for them then keep an open mind!

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:04:35 AM PST
Home Fried says:
For GTA, third person perspective is the best. Especially when you're creating some real hardcore mayhem and you have to become real handy with the camera. But I think we SHOULD have the option to switch to first person. You know, the little things are always nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 6:59:19 AM PST
Robert Kiehn says:
Anyone here play Fallout 3 or New Vegas? It can be done with GTA, first person that is.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 6:59:45 AM PST
Robert Kiehn says:
And third person in the same game too.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 2:11:45 PM PST
kaosrogue says:
It probably could be done well, but i doubt Rockstar would do it, they don't make first person games, and it wouldn't be necessary. I think first person driving has merits but third person plays better for the city open world aspects. Now, i would be very happy if they brought back the top down camera from GTA 3, as that made it play like the originals.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 12:17:56 PM PST
anmol1771 says:
There was probably a reason why it was only a mod.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 3:11:16 PM PST
G. Amerine says:
have not played the mod but this concept sounds awesome. Even though its not really their style, the thought is very entertaining. Also what ever happened to the oldschool view like in gta 3? It kinda went away after GTA San An. Even though the view was just as difficult as to play in cinematic view it was fun and made it harder for friends to hog the controller for too long when taking turns.

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 11:34:03 AM PST
MetalBoxFan says:
Gta 4 has a first person mode, sorta. While in the car.

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 2:13:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2013 2:14:11 PM PST
C. Bernal says:
9.17.13 release date HELL YEA!!!!!!!!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Apr 12, 2012
Latest post:  May 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360 by Rockstar Games (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (3,809)