Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2012 4:11:35 PM PDT
K SMITH says:
I watched this movie 2 weeks ago and I did like. Needing a book to read for a 4 hour wait I bought the last book. I was in the waiting room, opened the book only to see I had the last of three books. Has anyone read just the book? I didn't know if it was worth reading without reading the first two. The books are different than the movies so I thought I'd ask Amazon. Thanks!!!

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 5:01:48 PM PDT
KimberlyAZ says:
You could probably read the *second* book having only seen the HG movie, but I don't think the third book will make sense without the proper context. Of course, if it's a choice between that and a stack of 5-year-old issues of "Golf Digest", then go for it...and let us know what you think. :-D

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012 5:13:21 PM PDT
K SMITH says:
Thank you VERY much for writing. I'm going to download the first two books to read so I don't get lost. I hate magazines so the ipad will have to do. Having a "real" hardcover book will be nice to look forward to as the last book. I love to read from a real book with pages, lol... I'll let you know what I think about reading #1 The Hunger Games on my ipad. Thanks again ;)

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 6:37:40 PM PDT
satsuma says:
While it would be an interesting experiment to read Mockingjay first, I agree with Kimberly that if you don't read the first two books, you will be feel quite lost. (In fact, many people who DID read the first two books still felt a little lost! =D) I'd also love to read your reviews of all three books.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 1:33:45 PM PST
JK says:
I never read the hunger games, nor did I ever watch the movie. I DID read Catching Fire, though, and The Mockingjay right after. I liked the second book, but I wonder if I'd have started with the third book would I understand it? I understood the second pretty well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins (Hardcover - August 24, 2010)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (18,724)