Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on DOTD
asked by Warren W. Wiley on January 1, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
Warren, connect an HDMI cable from the DirectTV receiver into one of the HDMI video inputs (there are a total of 3 inputs) of the soundbar. Then connect a separate HDMI cable from the single HDMI video output of the soundbar into one of the HDMI video inputs of the TV.
M. Libao answered on January 24, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

You are right about the optical cable. If you hook it up as per page 10 of the manual you may get improper sound as I did and too much base. You will need an HDMI cable from your blue ray (dvd) and cable box to the tv though. I have a Samsung tv though. Julian
jpf answered on January 2, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

So are you folks saying I need TWO HDMI cables AND the optical. I hate to trouble you with what I'm sure are childish and basic questions but we are in our 80's and this stuff is very confusing for us. Frankly, the instructions sometimes make it MORE difficult. We only want to connect the Bravia 48" TV to the 150 sound bar-nothing else. No Blue Rays, Red Rays, DVD players or espresso machines! HA!
Warren W. Wiley answered on January 3, 2011

Well, okay. I guess not many folks have time. But we are going on sixth day of this box sitting here. I am going to try this: HDMI from the DirectTV receiver out into the 150 and the optical from DirectTV receiver or the TV out into the 150.
Can someone please tell me if they think THIS will work. Because of the way our equipment sits I cannot just casually play with various set-ups and would like to do this just once and do it right. The manual drives us nuts.......there are TOO many variations etc. All we want is the TV hooked to the sound bar.
Thank you for any enlightenment.
Warren W. Wiley answered on January 5, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product