Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more
i have a dell optiplex-780/with window 7 professional,i purchesd it refurbues,it will not get on the inernet with a full wireless signal
asked by Amazon Customer on July 11, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Hi
The dell optiplex-780 is a desktop. You can buy a USB wireless adapter from online, Radio Shack, or any computer store. Once you attached this adapter to your desktop then you can use Windows 7 to go on the internet using your wireless account.
Using a desktop to go wireless on the internet is unusual but not impossible, it just take more work.
Good luck.
Albierte answered on July 12, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not sure it's the software. Try an Ethernet cable and get updated drivers for your particular wifi antenna. If you still can't get on the internet with the cable, it's something with your router.
Gooberdad answered on July 12, 2013

A
Btw I have two desktops with win 7 and use Wi-Fi on both without any issue from day one of the installation. Yes I did have to put in the wifi password, but didn't have to use an Ethernet cable duRing initial setup. Possibly due to the drivers were included with the component when I purchased it. Since you have a refurbished dell, I can see your dilemma. You could contact dell give them the serial number of your machine and get the proper setup from them. Good luck.
Gooberdad answered on July 12, 2013

A
I did a quick google search of the PC the desk top model doesn't come with a wireless network adaptor, it only has a wired ethernet connection in the back.
If a wireless adaptor was added use window control panel to check look for wireless connection option and configure you may need the access code to connect to the wireless network
use the window's wizard to help you configure.
Traveler answered on July 12, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product