How can I be sure that when I order a new one from Amazon I will not get a used one? Is it better to order direct from Apple Shop?
asked by Amazon Customer on May 1, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
I got mine brand new.sealed box and everything. You can always return it if your not satisfied. Cheaper in amazon than apple direct.
Jeremiah Clarin answered on May 2, 2013

A
votes
I believe you should be able to detect new from used. Scrutinize the item carefully and trust your gut feeling. I don't believe they will pass off used as new. Reputation matters and I doubt if they will risk that.
Eve answered on May 2, 2013

A
vote
The one I both was new. From amazon
Joel Marine answered on May 2, 2013

A
votes
The only assurance you have is Amazon's reputation. If Amazon is the seller, I trust it. If it is one of their vendors, be very careful. If I may, let me relate what happened when we bought a Windows PC a year ago last October. It was from one of Amazon's vendors. It was a Dell computer and supposed to be new, and it came packaged as if it was. It looked new. 10 months later it had hardware problems so we contacted the manufacturer. Until this point we hadn't registered the product, but it came with a one year warranty, and registration was available. We registered it and were told that the product had already been registered two months before we purchased it, and that the warranty was expired. In long calls with Dell customer service, they assured me the computer had not been registered by the vendor, that it was registered in an individual's name. They would not tell me who that person was, but that obviously we were the second owners of the computer. Needless to say, this did not make me happy. Once I had complete details from Dell in writing, I called Amazon customer service. I didn't need any of those details. Once I told the representative what the problem was, the first reaction was to offer a refund of the entire purchase price and arrange for return shipment to Amazon at their expense. This is the action and attitude of a responsible and trustworthy retailer. They credited my credit card, took the computer back, and I purchased another new computer. Also from Amazon. They stand behind what they sell to your complete satisfaction, period. In my case, a year after I purchased from their website. Regarding the MacBook, I have purchased more than 60 macintoshes since 1984, many if not most directly from Apple. Apple is reputable and will stand behind their product, but Apple would never refund the original purchase price for a problem one year later. At best they might replace the computer, and certainly they would repair it under warranty. I would trust Amazon first.
Jeffrey White answered on May 4, 2013

A
vote
Quiet frankly I can not say. But I am enjoying my MacBook Pro. I have ordered from Amazon for many years and Amazon has never failed in sending me new products. I like the fact that they stand behind their products. I also had the same thoughts about ordering my MacBook Pro from Amazon and my concerns were minimized by the fact that I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of AMAZON goods over the years of our relationship and were never disappointed. Whenever I ordered from third party's on Amazon and was not completely satisfied, Amazon stepped in and made sure that I received a full refund from the third party. what I have found in my relationship with Amazon is....AMAZON can be trusted to fulfill their obligation to their customers. Now that I have said so much I will be silent and submit this true "Amazon does me right" answer.

Artis Parker
Hiram, GA 30141
A. Parker answered on May 2, 2013

A
vote
For the most time, When AMAZON advertise the Item to be BRAND NEW, it normally is. I can not say anything for the SUB-SELLERS on Amazon, cuz that is an individual matter from case to case.
As one of our fellow Amazonian's mentioned earlier, he/she had received a Used item direct from Amazon. thou rare, the restocking is done by human interaction, and that always leaves the margin for error to happen. but I believe, and from personal experience, Know that amazon.com will stand behind their product and will adjust any such errors promptly. I can say that based on my experience with Amazon.com, some 18 yrs or so, since the Mid 1990's
Thomas Bangash answered on June 1, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›