Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Customer Discussions > The Constant Princess (Boleyn) forum

order of Gregory's books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2007 8:50:39 AM PST
S. Shaw says:
I am just beginning to read the books by Philippa Gregory. Can someone tell me the order in which I should read them?Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007 1:18:41 AM PST
I believe it starts with the Queen's fool, The Virgins Lover, The Constant Princess, The Other Boleyn Girl, then The Boleyn Inheritance.
She also has the Wideacre three book series not related to the other books previously stated....Wideacre, The Favored Child, and Meridon.
There are other books she has written but i haven't arrived there yet. =)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007 2:23:27 PM PST
I thought it went like this:
The Constant Princess
The Other Boleyn Girl
The Boleyn Inheritance
The Queen's Fool
The Virgin's Lover

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2007 10:41:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2007 10:42:22 AM PST
sarahbe492 says:
This order is definitely correct! The books however are fine as stand alone since I read the Queen's Fool first. But the books above follow Henry VII's wives in order for the first 3 and his heirs in the last 2!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2008 7:03:49 PM PST
Absolutely correct. This is the chronological order of "history", just not the order that they were written. Check out Phillipa Gregory's website to confirm.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2008 4:48:49 AM PDT
THis is so confusing...I wish that the websites for these books made the sequence more clear. I started with "The Other Boleyn Girl" and jumped to "The Queen's Fool" because I thought it came next. I did notice a gap in time between the two stories and now I know why. Thank you for this. I found Gregory's website not to be too clear on this either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2009 11:20:15 AM PST
Nancela says:
I don't think the order matters that much, since I've read them all and each one gives enough background that you shouldn't be lost anywhere in the stories. The order in which I read them seemed to make the most sense to me chronologically tho.... "The Constant Princess" about Catherine of Aragon, Henry VIII's 1st wife, next "The Other Bolyen Girl "followed by the "Bolyen Inhertiance "(Ann Boylen & future wives), then moving on to Princess(subsequently Queen) Elizabeth; "The Virgin's Lover, "The Queen's Fool" and finally, most recently published "The Other Queen"( Mary Queen of Scots)

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 12:01:48 AM PDT
http://literatehousewife.com/2007/08/philippa-gregory-in-chronological-order/#wrap

This site not only has her Tudor Novels in chronological order, it has the books for The Cousins' War Series as well. An interesting aspect of this site is that there are books from authors other than Gregory inserted into the list in order to "fill in the blanks" history-wise.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Constant Princess
The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory (Hardcover - 2005)
4.0 out of 5 stars (547)