Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on October 28, 2009
I was very disappointed when I received one of these new SuperBalls: the original had a recovery of 90-92% (it would bounce back 9/10ths of the way!). It used an extremely strong compression process during manufacturing and it felt very heavy and dense for its size. In addition, the surface was peculiar, in that it would not slip at all, even when sliding it over a very slick surface, but would adhere to it in a very uncanny way. The new "SuperBall" is a very poor imitation: its bounce recovery is more like 60% and it is inferior even to a cheap transparent high bounce ball that I got as a freebie... It feels light and bears no relationship to the original...
Sorry, but this ball does not qualify as "the real thing".
on September 30, 2008
If you ever had one of these as a kid in the late 60's to early 70's, don't hope this will bring back great memories. It must be made of a different material. It doesn't have the weight or the high bouncing ability of the original. A ball purchased for 50 cents from a vend machine bounces higher than this ball. Very dissapointed.
on September 15, 2011
This ball is just like any other bouncy ball. This is nothing like the original Superball. It barely gets half way back up when you drop it. DO NOT BUY. You might as well get one of those balls from the quarter vending machines.
on February 19, 2011
I purchased what was advertised at the "Original Wham-O Superball" from Calsplash/PTOMart but what was shipped to me was a cheap 2011 knock off made in China. The ball I received, and it is NOT super, was half the size of the original and came in packaging completely different from the picture shown on the site. This is NOT a real, original Superball. Beware of Calsplash/PTOMart.
on April 9, 2014
As a kid growing up in the mid 60s to early 70s, I owned many Super Balls, and although this was an interesting promise of being a 'flash from the past', it is not in any way the 'real thing'.

Real Super Balls had a significantly higher rebound rate; you could drop them from a known height and they would rebound to 80 or 90% of that height. This ball is perhaps 50% at best.

It behaves more or less like a golf ball in terms of how high it bounces. I don't know what the REAL "real thing" was made of, or what processes during manufacture made it behave as it did, but this unit is not it.

It also significantly smaller. The real Super Ball was a little smaller than a cue ball used on a pool table. This ball is just about exactly the size of a golf ball.

For the sake of nostalgia I'd like to see a real one, or an accurate reproduction....if you are looking for one, this is certainly not it.
on January 5, 2014
This is a super ball, but it isn't like the original one I had in the 60's. Still, it is good, however, I went into a dollar store and got the same thing for a buck. I rate it low because of those two reasons. I wanted the original super ball I had when I was a kid. Ah well! Some of our childhood memories will always be just that. Memories.
on April 22, 2014
It's a piece of fools gold also it's a waste of the darn money and they don't now how to craft that ball it's a piece of fools gold
on October 29, 2013
No bounce! This is not the fire tron from the past. Zectron??? It was the added sulfur in the rubber that made them bounce.
on March 30, 2016
I remember the "original" Super Ball and though this is listed as the original it absolutely is not.
I bought it to pass on what was an amazing toy. It was like it produced energy for the bounce but this ball is just, hard. It barely bounces. I'm not even going to give it to my grandson. It's pretty much worthless.
on November 20, 2014
It is different than whet is in the pic shown. We were disappointed to see it. We had one and lost it and searched to get another one and this was looks like what we had but picture is different than what you will get.