Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Amazon Daily forum

USPS "origin post is preparing your shipment"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 28, 2012 8:14:58 PM PDT
SGTSHOES says:
Got confirmation from Amazon that my order was shipped from Hong Kong to the U.S. on 13AUG12, USPS tracking for over 2 weeks has stated "origin post is preparing your shipment". Any thoughts?

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 7:39:06 PM PDT
kclady says:
I think you have no updates in 2 weeks for it probably on a ship bound for usa. remember it takes like 3-5 weeks to get packages overseas everytime i ordered off of ebay from china i would have a long stretch of time with no status updates.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 8:03:41 PM PDT
SGTSHOES says:
I don't think it shipped on a boat, here is the seller shipping policies:

All the items will be dispatched within 2 business day by China/Hong Kong Air Mail from our Hong Kong warehouse. Items will arrive in 10-15 business days to US/CA depending on different areas. We offer unbeatable price shipping directly from origin (China) via international delivery, so it will take a little longer than local shipment. We appreciate your patience. Or please choose some local sellers, if you cannot wait patiently in the shipping time we declared:)

I have contacted the seller for more information, they said it may be stuck in customs and if I do not receive an update after 25 days they will refund. They have another week to verify whether or not it has even left China yet, I am very understanding of the international shipment times but I figured there would have been an update within 17 days... lol what a joke!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 2:41:00 PM PDT
C. Fry says:
A lot of multi-mailers have many scans before the USPS even gets it. They say it was shipped on one day when in fact the shipping information was the only thing received. They have to wait till they have a full palet (truck or whatever) to get it finally out of their hands. This may take another 3days or so. Once they have "released" your particular package, they send it to their different distribution plants to be broken down according to sectional centers. Then it goes to another of their different dist. plants to be broken down to each state. Then again for towns. Finally, it is handed over to USPS. That is when you will see scans such as "Arrived at unit" and "Out for delivery".
All that said, I would imagine that another country would have a system very similar to that. Thus the length of delivery time they stated to you may be extended a bit. Hope this helps (if I haven't confused you more. :-p)

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 3:06:29 PM PDT
SGTSHOES says:
No, no confusion.. I do understand that there are sorting facilities that the package is checked into on the way, my worry is that the package has not left China yet. Shipping confirmation was on the 13AUG12 and the expected delivery date is Thursday September 6, 2012 - Monday September 24, 2012 and I don't even know if the package has departed from the originating country yet... I'm just disappointed because I though I would have heard something by now. Oh well, if I don't hear anything by the expected delivery date then I will file a claim.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 9:21:23 AM PDT
Well i have an item shipped for Germany to the US and it has been stuck in origin post is preparing your shipment for 4 weeks now , and it has been tracked across Germany to a flight in Frankfurt and the time the flight landed in the US and nothing since

the US post system is a joke.... i will never ship to the US again
Or order from there again

Posted on Mar 18, 2015 10:16:18 AM PDT
Neil says:
When a package arrives in the US, customs / homeland security become the "Originating post"...
The term "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" refers to an item that has arrived in the US but has NOT cleared customs or homeland security - it has not been released to USPS although USPS are aware of its existence.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2015 5:29:59 AM PDT
The customs system should be sold to an independent company so it would be 100 times faster . These are lazy government employees all looking for the ultimate bust . Nothing should take that long . Think about it, annually there is a bicycle race across America winner takes about 8 days and your mail takes a month to go through customs!! Something Wrong

Posted on May 7, 2015 2:04:18 PM PDT
Nishigandha says:
I have the same issue.
The product I ordered said: Delivery Estimate: April 30, 2015 - May 5, 2015
And the tracking status on 7th may is:
- Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
- We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.: May 6, 2015 , 8:26 am
- Processed Through Sort Facility SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA: May 5, 2015 , 9:26 pm
Should I cancel the order or wait? I need it in 10 more days maximum. I am leaving the state.
What are the chances of refund?

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 9:48:24 AM PDT
I ordered a product from great britain and my amazon tracking says that it's still in the process of being delivered while in reality I got the product within a week and a half.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2015 4:09:03 PM PDT
sammy says:
So your saying that message means it's already in the USA , i don't think thats true , my package is being shipped from Israel and i only purchased it about 5 days ago , it was stuck on "shipping info received" to "origen post is preparing shipment" within 5 days and it says "in transit" but i have a feeling it's still in Israel.

Posted on Nov 9, 2015 4:35:59 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Apr 21, 2016 1:09:57 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2016 5:23:12 PM PDT
INGO says:
If you're seeing that on the USPS tracking site i'm pretty sure it means it's arrived at US customs.

Posted on Jun 4, 2016 6:29:43 AM PDT
April says:
I ordered my package on May 20th and it was shipped from Hong Kong the same day. My status still show that message but I noticed the shipping bar is constantly moving on my track account. It shows the same on the USPS website but I'm praying my package is here by next Saturday. I'm very nervous.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Amazon Daily forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Aug 28, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 4, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about