Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Is this TV good for outside under a covered porch out of the elements?
asked by Bosslady on October 18, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
If you're going for an outdoor TV, I'd go with a SunBrite TV. They are waterproof and are better outdoors, although they are expensive. This TV will be okay outdoors, but to get the optimal viewing experience I highly reccomend you use this TV indoors in a dimly lit room.
Cabsport22 answered on October 18, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I wouldnt think it would be. Mainly because of the glare of a plasma. Personally ive gone with a lcd outside.
Thigpen answered on October 18, 2012

A
I wouldnt think it would be. Mainly because of the glare of a plasma. Personally ive gone with a lcd outside.
Thigpen answered on October 18, 2012

A
The glare on your screen from sunlight is going to be a big deal. If you can angle it so you don't get a glare then you might be alright.
Yan Yagudayev answered on October 18, 2012

A
I'm not an electronics technician, but I think that I can give a prudent answer. Your question would apply to just about every flat screen TV on the market. Hopefully you live in a temperate area where the climate does not go below freezing. Just keep the TV out of direct sunlight and hang a piece of plastic or old bedsheet if the TV is not being used for extended periods. My guess is that you'll degrade the life of the TV by a couple of years being outside in the elements; and several years if you live within a mile of saltwater.
Dieter Ballmann answered on October 19, 2012

A
I have it in my Florida room - which is essentially a porch that is glassed in on the north side of our house. This room does not have heat or A/C - in Florida. The TV has no glare and performs just as well as it's counterpart that is in our family room.
Allen Spotz answered on October 20, 2012

A
I have it in my Florida room - which is essentially a porch that is glassed in on the north side of our house. This room does not have heat or A/C - in Florida. The TV has no glare and performs just as well as it's counterpart that is in our family room.
Allen Spotz answered on October 20, 2012

A
I would think it would be fine, if it's dry, not very humid and not freezing cold, it has a beautiful bright sharp plasma screen ...which is the only kind you would be able to see outside in bright sunlight. There is nothing in the owners manual that states not to be used outside. Good luck with it.
appoloosa answered on October 22, 2012

A
i had my for 8days red light started blinking 6 times had to get it fix week 1/2 no tv had it with panasonic
dog man answered on October 19, 2012
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product