4.0 out of 5 stars The great Jelly Massacre of 2014
This is one of those "great" ideas I had for a fun activity for my 4 and almost 3 year old. Yay sensory fun, woo hoo non-toxic, yay look at all those pretty colors. I thought they were amazing the first time we soaked them and had fun running my fingers through this giant bowl of jiggling marbles....

Fast forward 2 days later when my kids realized they...
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Oddly shaped balls
I got these as an inexpensive alternative to Orbeez for my daughter. They're OK, except they're not uniform in size. Some are bigger, some smaller, some oddly shaped...
Published 11 months ago by bi0girl

4.0 out of 5 stars The great Jelly Massacre of 2014, May 15, 2014
This review is from: 2oz pack- (Almost 4,000 !!!!!) Jelly BeadZ (Tm) Water Bead Gel- Rainbow Mix (Toy)

Fast forward 2 days later when my kids realized they could squish them...and squish them they did. I had jelly bits from one end of my kitchen to the other, jelly in my toes, jelly on the table, jelly EVERY where. Imagine Dexter but instead of blood spatter it is little bits of jelly. This jellycidal rampage took place quickly and there were many casualties.

So yes...this is fun...but be forwarned that cleaning up jelly spatter from places, you wouldn't even dream of can be one heck of a downer. Also side bar, after spending an hour in squished jelly trying to clean these up, my hands did start to burn a bit from the sodium.

4.0 out of 5 stars These are weird and fascinating and fun, May 29, 2014
These little balls of hydro-gel soak up water and become the consistency of tapioca. If you buy them for your kid, be prepared to pick them up off the floor, out of the sink, out of the toilet. And no matter what you do, don't try to dispose of them by flushing them down the drain. They become stuck in the trap and will rupture the pipe once they have soaked up enough water. Don't ask how I know. Let's just say we have a rule in the house about how to dispose of these beads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool!, October 9, 2013
I use these in my PreK class and the children LOVE them! Perfect for a light table or sensory table. I used approx. 1 tsp in a 2x1 foot clear container, added water and they immediately began to plump up. Within a few hours they were bigger than marbles. They feel a bit slimy as you play with them, but most of the children didn't mind that. They also shrink up if you leave them for several days and you can reuse them. Fantastic learning and exploration!

5.0 out of 5 stars SO MANY!, May 8, 2014
So you get this little package and you're like, "What the hell? No way in hell is this over 4000."
Well lemme tell ya something honey, it seriously is.
I put all of them in the tub and waited an hour for all of them to puff up and it just about filled the whole damn thing!
Down side now is that I have to wait for all of them to dry up so I can take showers, lol.
Great for plants, or what I like to use them as, pranks.
You can hide these little niggets anywhere, like shoes and when your vitum comes to put their shoes on..
BAM!!
Wet balls up in their grill!
Love these man.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love these, December 29, 2013
hcp22 (Springville, UT) - See all my reviews
I don't know why, but these tiny beads (which start smaller than bb's and grow when put into water) are magical to kids. My kids both have a tub of them that they play with. I don't know what appeal is but they are happy so I'm happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars what I expected., January 21, 2014
Vortex (Boulder,CO, USA) - See all my reviews
why to pay overpriced water beads when you can get much more for same amount of money, my daughters could not tell the difference between these and the branded ones except that this grow bigger :)

5.0 out of 5 stars They get so big!, July 21, 2013
I ordered two bags of the Jelly Beadz as I was not sure how big they actually got. Oh my, to my surprise, they get pretty big. We are having a fun time using them in our sensory bins.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Fun!!, November 10, 2013
Our kids love these! We bought this product for them to play with. Ages 2-7 It's perfect to soak them over night and have them ready the next day. The different colors are fun too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 6, 2014
These are perfect. 2oz. seem's like nothing. But you get a lot and they are great. Use them for water pipes, decoration, pranks, the possibilities are seemingly endless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again, July 20, 2014
These things are incredible! I had a few doubts about them because the packing seemed too good to be true. They start out as tiny hard balls about the size of an "O" and expand to about the size of a small grape. It takes about 6 hours for them to get to full size. I believe they are indeed non-toxic. They do not smell like chemicals at all. They are reusable, it takes a couple days for them to dehydrate but then they can go back in the plastic bag they came in for another time or you can leave them in water so they stay big. My kids and husband love playing with these.