pack n play bassinet for a newborn? We just got the Graco Pack 'n Play Playard with Bassinet, Tango in the Tongo - the setup was a breeze, and it seems a great value. Our purpose for this thing was to use as a bassinet for the newborn to keep him in our bedroom during the first few weeks to save on walking back and forth to the baby bedroom. When I try the firmness of the bassinet bottom, it seems a little squishy, partially from the foam on top of cardboard and i think partially from the fact that it's sort of hanging on the netting. Does anyone have experience using this as full time beds for newborns? I think it's probably safe for newborns, but wanted to check to see if anyone had first hand experience...

thanks.
asked by Borisovich on March 17, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
My husband and I used the bassinet feature for our son until he reached the weight limit of 15# on our model. Since newborns are not moving around a lot inside the bassinet everything will be fine. It was great to easily access him and move him as needed around the house. I recommend the quilted playard sheets to expedite cleanup and reduce movement as your baby develops. We also used the Halo Sleepsack Swaddling blankets which worked very well for our son. Best of luck and congratulations!
Jennifer Ann Kenney answered on March 23, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My husband and I used the bassinet feature for our son until he reached the weight limit of 15# on our model. Since newborns are not moving around a lot inside the bassinet everything will be fine. It was great to easily access him and move him as needed around the house. I recommend the quilted playard sheets to expedite cleanup and reduce movement as your baby develops. We also used the Halo Sleepsack Swaddling blankets which worked very well for our son. Best of luck and congratulations!
Jennifer Ann Kenney answered on March 23, 2010
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product