Can you use any pots & pans to cook on this unit? Or is there something "special" required?
asked by Poseylady on December 6, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
According to the informercial you need an induction type of cookware. Yet I've been reading some of the reviews elsewhere online and they say this, Cast Iron, Enamel Cast Iron and some Stainless Steel. Here's a link to a blog that'll help you out more.. http://cookingequipment.about.com/od/cookware/f/Induction-Compatible-Cookware.htm
KNZ96701 answered on December 7, 2012
Comment (1) | 14 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
From NuWavePic.com
Examples of compatible cookware:
* All NuWave Precision Cookware
* Enameled iron and steel
* Stainless steel with a magnetic base
* Cast iron

Examples of Non-induction compatible cookware:
* Copper
* Glass
* Aluminum
* Pottery type vessels
E. Bosnic answered on December 10, 2012
Comment (1) | 10 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Pretty sure that if a magnet will stick to the bottom of whichever pan you use it will work on this unit.
Kids Mom answered on December 13, 2012
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If a magnet sticks to pan it will work. If magnet does not stick it will not work
D answered on December 19, 2012
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
http://theinductionsite.com is a great site of researched information to educate ourserlves about this method of cooking and all the details.

YES! take a magnet to your pans and see if they are magnetic.

Perhaps on Amazon.com, they could let folks know in each cookware listing, which methods of cooking can be used with that particular cookware. I found this type of information on the website, potsandpans.com. In each description there is an explantion of which cooking methods can be used with the items.
Awesome Possum answered on December 31, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have heard, take a magnet like a not to weak frig magnet, to your store. Put it on underside of pan and if the magnet 'attaches' the pan should work.
KB answered on March 14, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There is a plate sold here on Amazon to use with non-magnetic cookware $40. I took a magnet to the thrift store to shop for cookware. It was a Christmas gift.
Barbara A Danielson answered on December 29, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
if it's indution ready it will work. most of the new stainless are induction ready while older ones aren't like mine. I needed to invest in new Emeril pro clad stainless cookware which is induction ready
Rangermenace answered on January 1, 2014
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product