Customer Discussions > Stardust forum

Why does the paperback cost less than the kindle version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 27, 2011 1:58:56 PM PST
I don't understand why Amazon would charge more for the kindle version than for the paperback version. I am an excited new kindle owner, but I am leery of paying $9 for a digital copy of this book when the paperback is $7. The marginal cost to Amazon to transmit a kindle book is basically zero, and I guess I falsely assumed that the digital books would be considerably less.

Posted on Apr 3, 2011 4:30:12 AM PDT
I totally agree. I don't understand.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2011 7:15:20 AM PDT
i wanted to buy the kindle version but could only find the paperback. did the get rid of it? does amazon do that?

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 7:45:42 AM PST
A. Solari says:
The kindle version is $8.99 and the paperback is $6.99. Why? This is getting ridiculous. I'm just going to go down to the bookstore. I haven't touched my kindle in weeks and I used to love it and take it everywhere, but the more I see the digital books being priced over the paperback is frustrating.

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 7:05:49 AM PST
leucydan says:
I believe it's simple greed, that's all.

There is no reason that a digitally transmitted book, without the cost of paper production, artwork, shipping weight, etc. should ever cost more than the physical book. It's greed on the the part of the publishers and Amazon, pure and simple.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Stardust forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 27, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Stardust
Stardust by Neil Gaiman (Unbound - July 2001)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (1,001)