Yamaha RX-V373 5.1-Channel AV Receiver
Used & New from: $164.95
Does this unit have a pass-through feature allowing me to leave the unit off to use the speakers on the TV to watch the news?
asked by Holiday on November 13, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Nevermind, I didn't read your question carefully. I tried it out but couldn't find that feature. You can still use the speakers on the TV but the receiver needs to be on. Sorry about the confusion
Lakershead22 answered on November 13, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am able to do this with my set up. When the receiver is off my tv works by itself with audio.
SpartanGrad answered on November 13, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, due to the hdmi connection the tv works by itself when the receiver is off.
SpartanGrad answered on November 13, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
NO ! save money, upgrade! Ted
Amazon Customer answered on November 13, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
NO ! Save your money, upgrade. The RX-V373 is a basic switcher, no upscalling or anything else. Ted
Amazon Customer answered on November 13, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
SpartanGrad is right, turn off the A/V receiver and turn up your TV speakers, it should work on all TV's....except those where the video input to the TV is the only connection from the cable box and it's by way of the receiver, if you have that kind of setup you will need the receiver on to get the sound. Your TV should have a coax connector on the back, hook up a coax from the cable box to the TV set it to 3-4 ch as needed and use that to bypass the receiver.
littlebill answered on November 14, 2012

A
As far as turning the Yamaha off and watching a signal plugged into one of it's inputs, no. I haven't seen this as a feature. When the Yamaha is turned off there is no video output. The unit has no way of knowing which input you want routed to the monitor. It does, however, have an ECO mode that reduces the power consumption. I don't think you will find any switching HDMI receiver that has a passthrough as you suggest because there is no way to know which input to switch to the output. Others have stated that you can route a signal through the Yamaha when it is turned off but I haven't seen this feature. You can read through the user manual and see if I've missed something here http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=au.yamaha.com&asset_id=54045

As far as upscaling etc., others are correct, this is a basic unit. Why would you need upscaling anyway? However, for what you get it's a very decent entry level Home Theater receiver. Plenty of power and enough control over audio to make a great HT setup.
Siggma answered on November 14, 2012

A
It doesnt have that pass through feature. It only has the 4k and 3d pass through.

To help you more, visit this site
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v373_black_u/
jrgat answered on November 13, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My TV speakers work with the Yamaha off if I choose that option through my TV options menu. Thus, it depends on the options your TV has. However, I must point out that I never use that feature; I leave the Yamaha on not only to use the far better speakers/sound of my AV system, but also to have the option of using my headphones.
Don B. answered on November 14, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yes
Garage Door And Co answered on December 10, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›