A lot of people complain about the flash location of the SX260. Is it that bad? Will it be changed with the SX280?
asked by Keith on April 22, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
It's not that bad... I don't really mind its location. It pops automatically, so that's very handy too.
Ricardo Consonni answered on April 22, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The first couple of times I used the camera I did accidentally block the flash from popping up, because you tend to naturally put your finger over that spot. But once you discover that, it's not hard to remember to hold the camera differently. It's not a big deal, in any event. I have no idea if they're planning to change the location on the SX280.
D. Mcleish answered on April 22, 2013

A
It doesn't bother me at all. It will come up & you just move your fingers. I've only done it once & I just hold it different.
Kathy Thie answered on April 22, 2013

A
This camera is high level camera as same other company's product, the flush is on the same place, the best position. We may use to hold camera as if it is low level one, which do not have flush light. For hold Sx260 as the book indicated the way to hold it. I only practice twice and have no problem now.
Zhi Hong Dai answered on April 22, 2013

A
Yes. I always press that corner when the flash tries to pop up. It ends up with second try to make it.
Zhonghui answered on April 23, 2013

A
It was annoying at first, because it pops up where I'm used to putting a finger. After a couple weeks, I got used to it, and it really doesn't bother me now.
Sean answered on April 23, 2013

A
I haven't had my camera that long but I do forget about the flash popping up and I usually have my finger on it when it does. It is a bit annoying just because I can never remember to not hold my finger over that spot. I so love the pics that this camera takes. Just got back my first prints and they turned out great! I still love it even though the flash is in a dumb location.
Melissa Kros answered on May 3, 2013

A
It's not at a bad location, but the camera is so thin that there is no place to put your finger on the top left hand side of the camera without the flash hitting your finger when it pops up. If that happens and the flash does not completely extend, you get a message to turn the camera off, then turn it back on. You need to do that so that the flash will retract back into the camera, because you can't take a flash picture with the flash in its partially raised state.
Kblack answered on May 11, 2013

A
Everyone who uses it the first time blocks the flash. Usually one-trial learning.
John Petty answered on October 9, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product