Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2006 8:08:39 PM PDT
Beverly says:
Can anybody explain what all the fuss is about?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2006 8:05:18 AM PST
WD says:
Homophobia. Cha-Cha-Cha!

Read "Persian Boy" book, and this movie will be so much more interesting. I saw it. Yeah, it is kinda long, and gets people tired. If you please, one should watch it in two seatings, but the scenery and the way plot flows is grand. I love it!

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2007 1:05:20 AM PDT
Because it's a mess. Forget about the boys kissing boys part. Anyone who claims that this movie is only being disparaged by homophobes is seriously delusional. Look at the rambling and disjointed storytelling and the confusing battle scenes. Look at the historically bogus cliche of Anglo actors playing Greeks. Look at Greek warriors wearing eyeliner for crying out loud. Eyeliner! Look at the lead actor failing miserably to portray a character with mesmerizing power. There are so many reasons to be disapointed by this film. One gets the sense that Oliver Stone somehow had divine help in making a masterpeice like JFK, and that kind of help was nowhere to be found with this clunker.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2007 6:11:29 AM PDT
WD says:
Actually boys kissing boys was the best part! :P

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2007 4:40:40 AM PDT
PermaFrost says:
A great Epic, I dont see why this movie got so much bad publicity. Okay, there were a few badly filmed obscure scenes which shouldnt have even been put in this movie, but overall the movie was great. The acting by Farell and Kilmer is amazing.

I laugh at the critics who just love to use words such as BI and GAY at any chance they get, whether it's for their own namesake or out of spite. They love to focus on that sole aspect as if it were the only thing he stood for! Ha!

You want to know the truth about Alexander, read the books, read the Greek manuscripts, go visit or learn about the lands where Alexander and the legions travelled and changed life over there forever even to this day. Take a trip to an ancient museam in Makedonia/Macedonia/Macedon in Northern Greece. A GREAT Documentary/TV-Series comes to mind, History Channel's In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great which depicts almost every battle, region, etc.
Learn how some of the Ancient Wonders of the World were constructed in this time period.

I'm pretty sure Alexander was WAY more into Women than he was, if at all, into anything else. All that massive wine they drank, especially in the places over where the Ancient Greek God Dinonysys travelled as well as Herakles during his time with the Twelve Labors (or Hercules as he is most referred to), must have added to the Drama and possibly even affected campaigns.

At the Height of it's extent, The Greek Empire spanned a total of almost 25 modern day countries.
The regions and peoples are beautifully depicted in the Tv-Series: Footsteps of Alexander the Great.

I havent seen the director's cut yet, the 2 disc special edition is my favorite but the Revisited edition is a must see for It's extra footage which is pretty good for the most part.

The music score by Composer Vangelis (Blade Runner, 1492 Conquest..) is just fantastic to say the least!

9/10 and 10/10 for the music score.

A King isnt born Alexander, he's forged by the Sword and Suffering!

Philip To Alexander/
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 19, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 23, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions