Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

how many people play halo? and what reason?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 23, 2011 10:39:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 23, 2011 10:40:50 AM PDT
D. Preston says:
my reason is the deep story of the master chief how he was developed and how he became a legend and why cortana picked him but not the other spartan's...

my theory is theirs more to John spartan 117 that meets the eye
and to me john is not human even though he is but nobody can survive a meteor fall from space at the end of halo 2 and survive the armor has nothing to do it, but i could wrong lol!.. but that's my geuss! well they do say spartan's never die

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 7:14:47 PM PDT
I've only layed the origina Halo and a little bit of Reach , but it was thereason I bought my original xbox.I am not a big fan of Halo in general but I am preordering the Aniversary edition because I remember Halo being fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2011 9:58:33 AM PDT
Aruna Chhitu says:
they explain it in the series cortana chose him because he was brave and lucky, and yea he's not the only one to survive a fall from space to a planet noble 6 from reach did the same thing and it is because of their armor and shields they survive

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 10:45:21 AM PDT
Grant says:
Halo is great because of the story it tells and how it plays. It wouldn't be one of the best selling FPS franchises of all time if not for that. It's a great all around game. With a Campaign that forced you to pull an all nighter to see it to the end and multiplayer that kept your interest in 1uping your friends for the years leading up to Halo 2 makes it one of the best FPS of all time.

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 4:33:17 PM PDT
I've just played every Halo game in the series (except for 2, not yet available for the 360), starting with 1, and working my way up through 3, ODST, and Reach (haven't played Wars yet). I actually think the stories and gameplay got more intense and engaging with each successive entry in the series. I liked 1 and 3, but ODST and Reach mixed things up a lot, and I think delivered even better gaming experiences as a result. I guess it's funny that my two favorite Halo games don't revolve around Master Chief at all, even when Microsoft themselves say it was a mistake to move the series away from his story. I loved playing through ODST and Reach and consider them the best ones in the series.

Reach's multiplayer is brutal, though. For a newer player like me, coming into Matchmaking at a lower rank and experience level, it's amazing how swiftly and frequently I get knocked out by straight headshots from completely unseen players, even when I'm running around frantically trying to avoid getting killed. Some guys out there are perhaps just a bit TOO hardcore.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 4:04:33 AM PDT
nadaa says:
let's see...space marines, aliens, alien ruins, ring worlds, zombies, zombie aliens, Spartans, warthogs, futuristic weapons, online play, and explosions. That's why I play Halo. Not to mention the stories are great, and killing grunts is fun.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 9:41:52 PM PDT
The Mindset says:
according to canon storyline, the reason master chief and noble six survived falling from orbit is a layer of gel under the armor that is designed to cushion impacts (hence, you don't take damage when you fall in halo 3.) for noble six, the backpack he was wearing during the jump is an orbital re entry kit. as for the original poster: John 117's backstory is revealed during expanded canon material, namely the books. also according to canon, Cortana chose John for two primary reasons. the first being his "lucky streak" the second being that Dr Halsey, who supplied the cloned brain needed to produce Cortana, is attracted to John. and, because Cortana is effectively an over smart and much younger Dr Halsey, she followed that attraction closer the the good Dr could. Gamertag: SilencedSkies

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 10:40:44 AM PDT
I'm more interested in the story of the forerunners and how they interacted with us in the beginning. everything you want to know about Master Chief is in the Halo Novels from The Fall of Reach to First Strike. The game is so engaging and it carries the story mystically in ways while conveying excitement. By the way. That armor is tougher than you think. Dr. Halsey didn't slack.

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 9:06:49 PM PDT
The books of Halo are not like you would expect a book of a game to be. They are actually good books. I expected the first book, Fall of Reach, to just completely suck, but the writing was decent, and the story was amazing. Part of what makes Halo so great is how amazing and complicated the storyline is. From playing the games you can understand part of it, but from reading the books you begin to realize how much thought went into the series.

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 5:39:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2011 5:40:42 AM PDT
R. Pickman says:
Another surprisingly good game book was Dead Space: Downfall. Gives you a nice background of how everything started and who Altman was. Not at all what I expected from it.

But to answer the OP's question. I don't play Halo. Just never got around to it. I pretty sure I'm going to pick up the remake and go from there though. Better late than never I guess lol.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 23, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about