Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
For a two person game, I need to buy Settlers and the Traders and Barbarians expansion, true? My daughter and I are interested in playing Settlers of Catan, but we don't know whether we'll be able to get my husband to play very often or at all. From what I've read here on Amazon, purchasing these two games is the way to get something that can be played by two people. Is that true?
asked by Ann C. on June 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
Ann, I assume you found your answer, but if not, there is downloadable rules: http://catan.wikia.com/wiki/2-player_variant

These rules are the same that are given on the T&B expansion, you just need to print out that jpg to cut out chits. My wife doesn't enjoy this version as well so we never play two player, but seams as many do like it.
Joseph Duemig answered on December 6, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can play the original Settlers game (without any expansions) with two people. You may want to restrict what land you can build on, or artificially designate some land as extra deserts to force close quarters and a more "spirited" play. Otherwise, there's too much land for two players, and it becomes a race against time instead of a race against an opponent.
P. Chung answered on July 5, 2012
Comment | 11 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product