Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

Sign the petition to Dick Tracy publisher to change microscopic Sundays to split-page format

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 30, 2008 11:35:57 AM PDT
Dan says:
In VOLUME ONE the Sundays are reproduced microscopically, shrunk onto 1 page, with the panels from the vertical format newspaper page rearranged to fit the horizontal format.

In my opinion it's downright bizarre how IDW awkwardly squeezed in the banner, which is obviously three panels wide. I think it would be simpler to keep the 'four rows of three panels' format from the newspaper, and print two rows with the banner on one page, and two rows with the date line on the next page, with each panel almost twice the size.

I don't understand IDW's decision to reproduce the Sunday pages so small that they are unreadable in this otherwise handsome series.

I hope with this discussion to encourage the publisher to switch the Sunday strips to a 2-page format in future volumes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  May 30, 2008
Latest post:  May 30, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Complete Chester Gould's Dick Tracy Volume 1
Complete Chester Gould's Dick Tracy Volume 1 by Chester Gould (Hardcover - January 3, 2012)
4.8 out of 5 stars (28)