Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "phil&teds Lobster Highchair, Black” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 19% off the $79.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
phil&teds Lobster Highchair, Black
- Polyester, Aluminum
- Aluminum frame with padded back support and a shoulder harness system weighing in under 4 pounds
- Robust aluminum clamps with non slip grip pads fit tables from 0.8" up to 3.75" thick and suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Globally safety certified design can accommodate a child 3 months to 3 years up to a max weight of 37 pounds
- Includes a dishwasher safe tray and travel bag that fits easily into diaper bags, purses, and stroller gear baskets
- Not suitable for use on glass top tables, tables with loose table tops, table leaves, single pedestal tables, card tables, camping tables, or tables with rounded or beveled edges or lips
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Phil & Teds Lobster Hook-on Chair
Feeding time can also be a fun time with Phil & Teds Lobster Hook-on Chair. This portable high chair is a great chair for comfortable dining for kids at a restaurant or at home. The stainless steel frame of this high chair is firm, easy to carry and can be clamped onto any table. Comfortable padded shoulder straps safely strap kids into the chair. The chair comes with an illustrated tray insert.
Why You'll Love It: Kids will love this lobster hook-on chair that can be carried anywhere.
Age: 6 months to 3 years
- Comfortable high chair
- 4-point safety harness
- Easy-care fabric
- Strong claw grip
- Portable high chair
From the Manufacturer
Have a lobster at the table every day
Ready, set, seat: eat. Lobster is a portable high chair that is safe and strong, allowing for adaptable dining and easy cleaning wherever you go.
Claw strength - Ultra safe and secure
A 4-point safety harness with padded shoulder straps keeps the wriggliest of babies safe and secure in their high chair. Super strong 'lobster claws' with rubber grips secure to the table with a clamp mechanism - easy for adults, not so easy for kids.
Fast setup and pack down
Pick lobster up by the frame, and it literally falls into position, ready to attach to your table. To pack down, just flip the clamps inward and lobster folds neatly back onto itself, ready to slide into its own carry bag.
Food tray included
A dishwasher-safe food tray slides between the clamps to protect your table surface from food spills. Hygien-ius.
Lobster's fabric slides out of the frame for quick & easy cleaning.
Smart and stylish
The brushed stainless steel frame and robust, easy care fabrics are not only strong and durable, but oh so stylish.
Clip lobster on to almost any table or bench top at home or while traveling and keep your baby clean, safe and part of the family.
Genie of hygiene
No need to use those grubby restaurant high chairs. Lobster is super easy to take with you when dining out and about.
Lobster do's and don'ts
Yes to stable tables, picnic tops and bar tops.
No to pedestal tables, glass tables and unstable tables.
Top Customer Reviews
That said, the two downsides to this otherwise very nicely-designed product are:
1) The included tray doesn't lock to the seat. While it's GREAT that a tray was even included, we would love if it locked into place with the seat so our little one couldn't push it out and overturn/fling it.
2) Because the way it connects to the table are basically two heavy duty clamps, it only works on tables without a lip. We've found we're able to use it only 50% of the time when dining out due to this, plus the regular restrictions when using a hook-on chair (not on a tippy pedestal table, etc.). This is a pretty big downer because not being able to use it in so many instances defeats the purpose of having it and the convenience of its small size.
It does have some upgrades over the Phil & Teds Metoo chair. Extra padding and the storage bag with handle (although a very short handle) are a plus. I had a Metoo for a couple of years and have no complaints. After it was stolen I decided to hold off and wait for this one to come out. But in my opinion you might as well get the Metoo and save a bit of cash.
Then I bought the lobster chair. Red. Beautiful. Sexy even. It's got a soft, luxurious seat and claws that clamp so hard, aint nobody falling off that table. Trust me. I tested it myself. I do love my little gremlin, don't get me wrong, I want her safe. I just want to eat too.
The first time we took this to a restaurant it was like a miracle. Not only did she actually SIT in it.. she liked it. She sat in it swinging her legs and eating rice and smiling and never wanted out of it like she did with all those stupid wooden pieces of crap they call high chairs at most restaurants. I was so happy I almost cried. I actually got to eat at the same time as my husband and didn't have to wrestle an unruly demon child who wanted to say "hi" to every stranger at every table and then go back again for a second round of that.
If you're on the fence about this chair... do yourself a favor and take the leap. Worth every penny. I will never go back. I keep this in my trunk and feel panicky if I ever take a different car and forget it. It's a priceless tool that every parent should have.
I'll focus on few things that it appears no one else has mentioned:
1) The seat is quite deep. I guess this is good because it means it has room to grow with the child, but we use it on our 11-month old, who is in the 75th percentile in height and he sits REALLY low in the chair. The first few times we used it, he did not like it at all as it seemed to be sunken in the chair. We have since placed a thick blanket in the bottom of the seat for him to elevate him, and that has helped.
2) There is virtually no space between the child and the table, which again, might be for safety reasons, but it makes the child's chest butt up against the edge of the table, which doesn't seem particularly comfortable to me. Luckily, we have a fairly skinny child so he fits fine in the chair, but I imagine that if you had a chubbier kid, this might be a bigger issue for you.
3) Like the other reviewer said, I wish the bag was zippered. However, to add to that, I also wish the bag was just slightly bigger so that it wouldn't be such a snug/tight fit when trying to put the chair back in it. It cant be a bit of a struggle.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We use this seat way more than I thought we would and have yet to find a table it doesn't work on.Published 11 days ago by EMILIE R MARDIGIAN
Must have!! I don't know how people live without it!Published 18 days ago by Sutkay Enterprises, LLC
This lasted less than 6 months before the fabric ripped at the side… and this was the second one we purchased, after the rubber grips came off the first one. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Huw
Bought this for traveling via plane and internationally. My child is seven months and is still very small for this chair, but it works. Read morePublished 22 days ago by J. Rock
Easy to throw in washer, very sturdy, tray is worthless, just toss it, still love this chair though! we own two, one for home and one for camping and outdoor use on picnic tables. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Tracy Johnson-Gould
My daughter and son-in-law LOVE this.... It would be a great Baby shower gift!!Published 1 month ago by MarineMOM
Love this seat! It clamps on to our granite island and kitchen table perfectly! Very easy to use, and allows my son the be right at the table with us! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Lorib2
We purchased this for our grandson. My daughter likes the function of this chair, but after just 6 months of use, the chair has begun to tear at the edge where it attaches to the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by D. Hanson