4.0 out of 5 stars Practical, durable and oh so pretty!
Published 14 months ago by Greatlakes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but for the price it needs to be better!
Published 19 months ago by Christy2009

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical, durable and oh so pretty!, June 30, 2013
I have owned both P&T Sport and P&T Explorer before I bought the Navigator stroller. I used to dream of a "love baby" of those two models, which would combine the following features: 1) I need a reclining second seat, so I can recline both seats at least a little bit when my kids fall asleep (sport has reclining 2nd seat, Explorer doesn't) 2) Explorers sun canopy over Sports 3) The easy strap recline over the Sports buckle recline

Well, my dreams were (almost) heard and P&T came out with the Navigator stroller: It has a reclining second seat (check!), It has the follow the sun canopy just like in Explorer (check!), then yikes: It has the BUCKLE recline system similar to Sport instead of the easier strap recline of the Explorer.. Big minus, but I'll live with it...

If my toddler would keep his hands to himself in the bottom seat, and he would not constantly keep opening the buckles of the main seat, I would give this 5 stars... BUT the buckle recline is a major disappointment for the following reasons:

First of all if you have a little prankster sitting in the bottom seat (like mine), and he knows he can annoy his mom and sibling by unlocking the recline buckles, he'll be doing just that.. Several times.. Making both main seat rider and the mom scream (and also making the seat hit their own face at times).

Secondly: It doesn't recline your sleeping child as smoothly as the strap recline (mom has to support the seat while releasing slowly both side buckles, so that the child doesn't just quickly fall downwards). Everyone knows you do not want to wake up a sleeping baby, right?! Also, once your little one wakes up, you'll have to once again lift the seat up (with your child's' weight on the backrest) and then buckle both sides, and then tighten the buckles..

Just little things, but P&T: You had a good recline going on with the Explorer, so I'd love to see that same easier recline with the Navigator as well.

Other than the recline issue, this stroller is very easy to push, very sleek looking with the all black frame and the wonderful color options of the hoods and liners, and it can fit trough any doorway you may possibly imagine (maybe not a fairy door)..

The basket is large, and has enough room for baby essentials even if used in doubles mode, and the seat liners are very easy to remove and clean (so even if you've had to bribe your kids to be quiet and let them eat ice cream in the stroller, do not worry: just wash the liners once you get home).

I would highly recommend this stroller to anyone, it's great as a single, it's great as a double. And maybe one day it can be folded with the second seat attached to the back???

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, September 10, 2012
I have tried numerous strollers (the Orbit, Quinny Moodd, Britax B-Ready, Umbrella strollers) however the Phil & Ted Navigator is my first jogging style three wheel stroller.

The Navigator is lighter in comparison the Orbit
Taller for my husband to push than the Moodd
Has double capabilities like the B-Ready (but is a jogger)
More comfortable for my son and more storage than an umbrella.

The front wheel can be adjusted to either lock into place or swivel (it is a bit hard to adjust but once it is in place it is set).
The seat completely upright has a bit of an incline but my so looks comfortable sitting in it and he is a vey tall 22 month old. The seat reclined can go completely flat which is amazing (none of the other strollers I mentioned do that)!
The stroller has an easy one handed push. The handle bar can be adjusted to numerous height levels (but you need both hands to adjust, a bit tricky).
It is easy to fold the Navigator, and it is very compact when folded. Plus you can fold the stroller with the seat attached!
The seat can only go forward facing (the other strollers mentioned seats can go both directions).
The push is smooth because of the large wheels, even over rough terrane the stroller pushes great.
I do prefer foam wheels (Orbit, Britax) so I don't have to deal with tire pumps or flats but the air tires do provide a much smoother ride.
I have not traveled with the stroller yet but lately I prefer an umbrella stroller for airplane travel.

Overal the Phil & Ted's Navigator stroller is a great stroller and would be a great purchase if you are a jogger, plan to have more than one kid, want a stroller from birth until school aged, need a sturdy compact stroller, live in the city and suburbs.

However, no stroller is perfect I have yet to find a stroller that is a 5 star in every category but the Navigator is close!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the city, many pluses only minor drawbacks, October 31, 2013
Jessie G (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
I live in Brooklyn and I'm really happy I decided to spend the extra money on this versus many other models. What I like about it-

* Easy on curbs. Most times I don't have to lift the stroller at all, the wheel catches the curb and a quick push gets the rest of the stroller up and over.

* Smooth ride- even on torn up sidewalks, the inflated wheels means it bounces instead of jarring violently.

* Can navigate with one hand- useful if I'm carrying something, or if I've taken her out to hold in a store or restaurant and need to maneuver the stroller.

* Longevity- Started using this from when she was a few weeks old (with the forward facing add-on seat) and it will work until she's a few years old. I see other people in the neighborhood using them for small children and the only part that's worse for wear is the well for their feet which used to be covered in fabric but in the new models is now solid plastic. Also why the price seems well worth it because I won't need to buy another one ever (she can just walk once she outgrows this).

* It's narrow- it doesn't take up much more width than a person walking down the sidewalk would, so I don't feel obnoxious pushing it on narrow sidewalks that just fit 1 person in each direction.

* Space to carry groceries. It's not huge, but I tend to shop in small batches anyway and this can hold a few bags.

* Wheels can be filled at a bike shop, which are easy to find in the city.

* Folds up compactly- I have a space between furniture and a wall not even 6 inches wide to tuck this away, and it fits fine with the front wheel removed, which is easy enough to do.

What you should be aware of-

* It's deceptively long. While narrow, it is somewhat long and I've found it's sometimes blocking the way in an elevator or restaurant and I don't realize it at first because it's the front wheel that you can't see from behind. Manageable, but something to get used to.

* Folding is not intuitive. Now that I know how, it's easy, but the first couple times took some head scratching.

* It's not light. I almost see this as a good thing, any lighter and it would feel flimsy to me, but it's not something you'll want to carry around folded for any distance. I'm a little taller than average, and it takes a little muscle hefting this up and around so for someone petite it might be an issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome stroller!, September 19, 2012
This review is from: phil&teds Navigator Buggy Stroller, Sky (Baby Product)
I live in NYC, where a stroller is my car. Thus I have a lot of requirements in choosing a stroller. I've always loved the Phil and Teds design. I love how compactly two kids can fit into one stroller. I love the single, front swivel wheel. I can steer the stroller easily with one hand. It pushes so easily. I previously had the E3 Phil and Teds stroller, and recently upgraded to the Navigator. I am so happy with it. The fabric material is really nice and easy to clean. I love the sun hood and I love the adjustable handle. The only negative I can think of is that the basket at the bottom ends up being smaller in the Navigator than in other Phil and Teds double strollers. The doubles kit sits closer inside the basket. So I can't put as big of bags in the basket and the doubles seat is more difficult for a toddler to get in and out of because there is less clearance. But I guess because it sits closer in, it is easier to hang on diaper bag on the stroller handle without it getting in the way of the doubles seat. Otherwise, I am completely happy with this stroller!

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for concept; 3 stars for quality, June 19, 2013
The design is great. I'm not looking for another stroller for a long time. It's very versatile, I can use it as a jogger, shopping in the mall, and it fits in the back of my Explorer (front wheel removed) even with the third row seating in use.

On the flip side, I owned BOB's before we bought this. First a single then a duallie, so I am a BOB snob. The Phil and Teds is no BOB when it comes to quality. For one thing, it's not as smooth to push. If you own a BOB you know, it reads your mind and goes where you want it to go with very little effort. The Phil and Teds is a little more squirely which requires more effort on your part to keep it on the side walk when jogging. Keeping the tires full helps, but I have to do that more often too.

Also, I noticed that both handle bars were always torn apart on used P&T's because the material is not high quality and it's difficult to keep the handle bars off the ground when folding/unfolding. Sure enough, one of the handle bars has developed a tear. I'm making some covers out of canvas to protect them.

I have to keep the front wheel mechanism 401-k'd so that the front wheel slides in and out easily.
Neither of my kids complain about sitting in the back seat, although it is a little awkward getting them in and out (3 1/2 and 1 1/2, both 35 lbs).

The rain shield is a very nice option to have.

I actually kept my handle bar console from my BOB single and use it on this.

Again, I would be very frustrated and lost without this stroller. It's convenience, slim design, and versatility far outweigh the frustrations. I just think some components could be higher quality for the price.

It is definitely a conversation piece, I have had women stop me in the mall, pushing their double wide joggers, and asked me, "what is that stroller???"

Today I went for a 3 mile walk with my toddler in the front, my 3 1/2 year old in the back with sand pales and accessories down at his feet, his balance bike sitting on the handle bars (he wimped out after 1/4 mile), a bag of snacks hanging from my "mommy clip" and my coffee in the BOB handle bar console. Sometimes I worry if the frame and tires can really take piling it up, but so far so good (it's been a year).

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but for the price it needs to be better!, February 13, 2013
I have 2 kids, ages 10 months and almost 4. All and all I do like the stroller, I have not used it a ton in the few months I have had it but when I do use it, it works fine. I had a single BOB and the BOB is STROLLER HEAVEN. Phil and teds quality does not even come close to the BOB quality. The BOB is a real rugged, tough, smooth as a dream (with built in suspension), comfy seats, nice hood, nice storage, etc... My friends and I had our BOBs for 4 years (my friend is a exercise nut and a jogger and hiker and uses hers daily). Not once did we have to replace a single tire or anything at all, everything still works and functions like it did the day we bought it. I can already see that the Phil and Ted quality is not going to stand the test of time. Even though the Phil and ted costs more, it is more cheaply made. I wish BOB would make a tandem double!!!!

The pros...

It fits 2 kids but is the size of a single

I like the rear seat recline, it gets a good enough angle for my baby to nap.

I like the foot brake, it is easy to engage and is strong.

I like the follow the sun hood (though I prefer an oversized hood that comes all the way down to cover your kid like the BOB.

Cons....

My kids are large in size, around 95th percentile each, and they fit okay in the stroller (they could have more room, but it is not awful). My oldest's legs and cramped in the front seat, and he would have been too big for the back seat by 1 1/2. My youngest is tall and lean... and his legs in the back are already cramped. But, it is not AWFUL, they could just use more leg room. And I worry my youngest's head will hang off the back seat in another 6 months. And he only has about another 5 lbs before he hits the weight limit... so he will probably outgrow it before age 2.

No shocks, so the ride is bumpy and not very smooth. It does not handle or turn as well as even the HUGE and heavy double BOB.

NO STORAGE AT ALL. You are lucky in you can fit a water bottle in the storage basket... and this is with a 10 month old in the back seat.

The quality could be better... something about it screams "cheaply made in China" and I know I will have problems with it sooner than later.

Another HUGE annoyance... the front seat pad slips down over 12 inches and bunches up behind your child EVERY time then get in... the liner is not snapped or attached to the seat, it just sits in there over the hard plastic... so you always have to pull it up after your kid gets in.

Also for 700 dollars, they need to have a longer and better warranty!!! If you pay that much money on a stroller, you should have the product guaranteed for at least 2-3 years!!! Phil and Teds... what is wrong with you??? Give your customers at LEAST a 2 year warranty and STAND BY your product!!! I have paid $30 on toasters with better customer service and a better warranty.

It does NOT fold with the doubles seat, I called phil and teds directly and only the vibe and verve do this.

All in all, there are better strollers on the market.

UPDATE: I purchased the stroller from Along Comes a Baby around 3 months ago and already had to go in for the warranty. So I decided to sell it after getting it fixed and decided to get something better. I was right in my opinion that it would not last and was not rugged and able to take regular use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, April 20, 2014
I love how easy it is to maneuver around. It's so easy to get in and out of elevators, store displays, etc. it is easy to attach the car seat adapter and doubles kit. while I love using it now, I had a terrible time learning how to use it. It only came with a few diagrams illustrating how to put it together, no other instructions or manual. I did find a video on YouTube, but there wasn't anything on phil and teds site because it isn't the latest model of the navigator. I gave up trying to figure out any but the one main use. It is a hassle to adjust strap settings and it only has limited use for kids under 6 months or so (pretty much have to have the car seat adapter). It's a little cumbersome to unfold, but easily folds for storage. However, there isn't a ton of space for storage.

Despite some of the cons I have listed, this is hands down the best stroller (double or single) that I have owned--and I have owned several. It's maneuverability and versatility (it's just as practical on a long walk as the mall and can be used as a single or double) far outweighs the cons. I definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stroller, hands down, February 2, 2014
Stroller envy in full effect! I took my kids out in this w the doubles kit shopping over Christmas and moms w single strollers could not maneuver to the deals near as easily. I love that it's an everyday stroller and a jogging stroller. I have the attachment for a car seat on top and the doubles kit right now, and will change it out to 2 seats in a couple months, and possibly add the free rider scooter. You could actually haul 3 kids with it using the Freerider. It needed some storage so I went with the Skip Hop neoprene one and it couldn't be more perfect. If you're having trouble justifying the cost, know that you can recoup almost the original price when selling it on craigslist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plus 2nd for two, December 7, 2013
For my athletic friends, with the 2nd baby add on, they LOVE it, fits through doors & real smooth, so I'm told by them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pushes like a dream, October 19, 2012
I bought this stroller for my 3 year old and 10 months old. I also have Maclaren Triumph, Maclaren Triumph Double, Quinny Buzz strollers. I go to Buybuybaby to test-drive strollers. I like them strollers. I wanted to get P&T for quite some time but reviews about bed tires were scaring me away. When they came out with new Navigator model I couldn't control myself and plus my double umbrella stroller was getting harder to push as my younger was getting heavier. So I got it about a months ago in Red with double kit. Most of the time 3 year old goes on top and 10 month old goes on the bottom, and they prefer it that way. We go for a walk or two everyday.
PROs
Pushes like a dream. Even with 2 kids, crazy golden retriever in one hand and coffee in the other. I can still push it. It practically pushes itself. Grass, gravel, bumps, curbs, pot holes don't stand a chance. This pro outweighs all cons for me.
Large canopy. This thing is humongous. And it's got 2 large pockets for your phone or keys or even water bottle.
Good looks.
The protecting bar on top seat wrapped in nylon fabric so baby cant bite chunks of foam out of it
Locking mechanism when folded, doesn't unfold in the trunk by itself.
Brake. Very easy and reliable.
CONs
The fabric seat part, the one that is colored, is only being held by one velcro strip on the bottom. Nothing is holding it on top. So when my 3 year old climbs in the stroller the whole thing slides down scrunching up exposing plastic back of the stroller frame. And now that we have to wear coats it's getting worse. I tried to clip it with some clips on top, didn't work. Very annoying. I understand it that they did it so you can switch them fabrics or for easy cleaning but at this point I would prefer a dirty stroller than having to deal with adjusting that padding every time the kid gets in and out.
The protective bar on top seat. It's just a bit to small/tight/close to seat. The 3 year old still manages to get in and out but not fast enough for me. When I tried to undo it and put it back in the kids skin got pinched in between the metal tubes, that's how it works, two tubes going one into another and since it's so close to the seat the kid's skin got in somehow. We don't do it anymore so I just have to practice my patience skills every time we load in,
The canopy on the bottom part. Useless, gets in the way, can't fold it out the way, bends out of shape. Got rid of it and didn't miss it yet. The top part shields from rain and we didn't have a lot of sun yet.
Seat belts height adjustments. It supposed to be easier but it is harder for me, I'd prefer old school buckles style adjustments. I find myself buckling just waist portion of 3 point harness so i don't have to deal with adjustments if kids wearing different coats or if they are switching seats.
Manual. Useless. Only has obvious things in it. Only pictures. No explanation of the harness, or the weird piece of rain little shield in it or weird rubber loops on the frame. Not really a con but still annoying when I swallowed my pride and decided to look in the manual to find some pointers for the harness use and there was none.

I don't think the prefect stroller is out there. This one would have been pretty close to be one if it wasn't for this stupid seat pad. I didn't have any issues with wheels, I pumped them to the lower out of wheel and tire psi number. Din't have to pump it again yet for over a month use. Construction quality is good . Folding mechanism is good. The weight is ok but I wouldn't want to fold it and put it in the trunk on everyday basis. So overall like 4 stars say I like it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›