Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: phpBB: A User Guide
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 20, 2012
Recently, I inherited a forum powered by phpBB. The menus seemed infinite and figuring how to accomplish anything seemed undoable. I spent many hours online with search engines and user forums to ferret out the most fundamental of tips.

Then, I saw this book. Being desperate, I immediately ordered it, figuring the money spent was cheaper than the many hours I had spent. AND... the book has proved a priceless resource for me. No, I don't mean that everything I could possibly need to know is in the book, but the book does wonders in teaching the basics and the book helped me grow to be able to seek more complex options.

If you already are comfortable with the technology, then you may find the book too simple, but part of the complexity of phpBB is finding the simple solutions that are often buried deep in menus you never saw or knew existed. Just being able to navigate through phpBB is worth the price of the book. Will I ever need a more advanced book? I doubt it. This book covers the basics and with that knowledge you can understand and apply the more advanced tips available on the Internet. If you're a novice to phpBB, this is a great book for a start.