Samsung UN55ES8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Slim LED HDTV (Silver) (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $1,105.69
Does it have picture in picture? If so, how many different signal sources can it display at a time?
asked by Jim Le Pere on February 6, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Yes, but the PIP source can only be cable, not your cable box or video game. There has to be a direct cable line plugged into the back of the TV
slopyjoe71 answered on February 6, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It does have PIP. I believe it is 2 signals at once. The channel you are watching and another external source such as from a bluray/cable/sat box. Hope this helps. I still love this unit after even owning it awhile.
Pete Duro answered on February 6, 2013

A
The TV has the ability to have PIP, but you need to have two DIFFERENT sources, say a DVD player and a Cable box. It only allows 1 PIP at a time (so total of 2 different sources).
Big Bad Rob answered on February 6, 2013

A
Can you be more specefic, and gladly I will answer your question.
Medina35 answered on February 6, 2013

A
I have the 65" and i guess they both function as the same. Yes, it does have picture in picture and it is right on the remote button on the infrared remote. It came with 2 different kinds of remotes.

I have not actually play the PIP channels to see if both channels can play the same time in parallel if that is your question.

However, I can tell you that when I am surfing the web on the TV, it minimizes the picture and moves it to the corner while playing it. You need a keyboard from Samsung, I got one. I will try to see if it can play the PIP in parallel, I doubt the audio will play in parallel, think about that.
Sam answered on February 7, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The set does have some ability to do PIP. You should go to Samsung's web site and see all the advertised features, including input sources, that this model offers. However, one thing to keep in mind -- The set comes with two different types of remotes, including one you can speak commands into but if you hook your TV up to either cable or sattelite like probably 99% would then those remotes are mostly useless. You'd use the remote that ATT Uverse, or Comcast, or Cox, or Time Warner, or DirectTV, or Dish, or Verizon, or whoever offers with their box.
R. Eifler answered on February 7, 2013

A
yes. 2 as best I can figure. If you have cable tv you can use pip on the cable remote and show another cable channel. The set also has another input channel
R. Schmitt answered on February 7, 2013

A
I'm kind of like wondering if this Samsung Smart TV does have PAL, SECAM & NTSC features for regional operation. Because NTSC only operates in both North and South America and not Africa!!
Samuel Y. answered on February 22, 2013

A
I don't know the answer to your question but if you're a videophile or like a fabulous picture stay way from Samsung. Their picture suffers due to the ultra-thin profile of their TV. Best to go with Sony or Panasonic for LED, or even the new Vizio 60" got decent reviews from Home Theatre Magazine .

Hope this helps.
T. answered on February 6, 2013
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product