The hinge is on right side in picture, can the mount be flipped over so the hinge is on the left? Did anyone experience the "tilting" when the arm is extended out? Thanks for your input.
[UPDATED] asked by J. Wilcox on November 17, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
votes
I mounted mine with hinge on the left. The arm and TV mount plate are not attached when you receive the kit so you can choose how it is mounted. The set screws used to tighten the TV once mounted required some modification to secure the TV from sliding left and right though. You will have to adjust the arm tension also or the arm does not move.
LAS Ches,Va. answered on November 17, 2012

A
votes
I think so, just mount very securely and test before hanging your expensive TV. Good Luck.
dwitt answered on November 17, 2012

A
votes
Yeah, it's reversible.
phil answered on November 17, 2012

A
votes
Apparently so because I installed mine with the wall plate hinge on the left. However, if you choose to install your mount contrary to pictures and/or instructions, you are doing it at your own risk.
Al in SE Georgia answered on November 17, 2012

A
votes
I just looked closer at it, it should be fine to flip. - I am very happy with this tv mount.
Inspector#4 answered on November 17, 2012

A
votes
Yes. In fact, mine is mounted that way. The arm is very solid. I have a 42" mounted on it at a right angle with the arm all the way out and there's no drop or movement at all.
Mike S answered on November 18, 2012

A
votes
Yes, I did it this way and have had no problems.
Nic answered on November 18, 2012

A
votes
Hi...its marked top and bottom. Don't know if that would work out. good luck hope this helps.
Paul Joseph Schultz answered on November 18, 2012

A
votes
No because on the back there is an arrow telling you that it needs to be on the right side. When I set it up, I did try that but it did not work.
Jordan answered on November 18, 2012

A
votes
Yes. You can. I mounted mine on the left side and it is very sturdy. I would also recommend making sure that when you mount it, that the end with the hinge is mounted directly on a wall stud. All the weight goes to the hinge side.
Jason S. Jameson answered on November 19, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›