When you upload pictures from the T3i to your computer, can you just put your memory card in the computer like you do with digital cameras? Alot of people are saying they connect the camera to their laptop so that's why I was curious! Hope that isn't a silly question to ask.
[UPDATED] asked by Haleigh on February 26, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
YEAH if your laptop has a built in sd card reader , like MacBooks
William Rodriguez answered on February 26, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I put the card in my macbook pro all the time. Much easier than fumbling with a wire
C. Schweitzer answered on February 27, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
T3i has a USB connection n uses sd card. My computer had sd card reader on it so I can utilize both. I prefer to pop sd card in pc because its faster trsnser. I hope that helps. It's a real fun camera.
Amazon Customer answered on February 27, 2013

A
You can do it both ways. If you download with your camera it sorts them by dates and doesn't download pictures twice. If you download the card with your computer it is treated like any external drive. It is faster in the computer but I prefer through the camera.. See which one fits your style.
KH answered on February 27, 2013

A
If you have a sd card reader than yes. If not, it comes with the cord that you plug into your USB port.
nicole reynolds answered on February 27, 2013

A
I just put the memory card in my computer, I haven't had any problems doining this. Your question is not silly.
hope this will help you out. I have also connected the camera to the computer I guess it's a matter of peference
Walt Street answered on February 27, 2013

A
You can upload pictures by a USB connection from camera to computer or and sd card reader. SD card readers upload pictures faster. If you computer is not equipped with an sd card reader you can buy a good one for approx $25.00. Hope this helps.
Gary H answered on February 27, 2013

A
Yes. If you have a built in sd card reader, its a breeze. Just plug it on it. If not, you can buy an external card reader for inexpensive. Super simple.
Valerie Douroux answered on February 27, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My computer's SD Card reader physically broke, so I was utilizing the cord. There is a known bug. You can find Microsoft knowledge base articles about it.

To answer your question, you should be able to do it either way.
Pope John Paul II answered on February 27, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product