5.0 out of 5 stars Got me out of a bind!
Published on May 31, 2011 by JDinVA

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality
Published 12 months ago by fixit

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me out of a bind!, May 31, 2011
This review is from: 8 piece Easy Out Screw Bolt Extractor Set (Misc.)
I had rung a bolt head off while tightening my oil filter cover back onto my Honda Rancher. Needless to say, the four wheeler was worthless until I could get the bolt out. I found this set and ordered it hoping it could do the job. The set arrived on time and as described. After drilling a pilot hole with a small drill bit I chose the correct size extractor bit, inserted it into my drill and put it on reverse setting, slow speed and high torque setting and within seconds my broken off bolt backed right out! I could not ask for more!

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, November 3, 2013
This review is from: 8 piece Easy Out Screw Bolt Extractor Set (Misc.)
Bought this set to remove 2 broken bolts on my outboard engine block. It worked ok on the first one but it pretty much stripped all the threads off the extractor. Had no bite left to remove the second one, and it was only removing soft aluminum bolts. This is a one time use set, pay a little more and get a better quality set. You will not have to order another set like i now have too.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good tool for very good price, May 23, 2011
BillS (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 8 piece Easy Out Screw Bolt Extractor Set (Misc.)
My local hardware store charges more for the largest piece in this set than the cost of the entire set, so getting an entire set for less seemed a bargain; and I believe it was. I am very satisfied with the product and wish to commend the company's customer service: One of the pieces in the set I received was missing, and they promptly replaced it.

4.0 out of 5 stars There is no winning the battle against the stuck screw, January 9, 2014
This review is from: 8 piece Easy Out Screw Bolt Extractor Set (Misc.)
This product behaved exactly as I predicted; it broke prematurely and made my knuckles bleed. That is par for the course with easy-out-extractors and now I'm considering my contingency plan which most likely involves a beer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally find the right tool, September 21, 2013
This review is from: 8 piece Easy Out Screw Bolt Extractor Set (Misc.)
After purchasing three other products from Home Depot, Harbor Freight, and finding none works, I am very happy to get this set that finally did the job for me. The set has the 15/16" pit that is not commonly available anywhere, which helped me extract a broken brass pipe nipple in my pool pipe system (the 3/4" one from any other vendors did not work). I am relieved that I can close my pool in time this fall because of this set.

Highly recommend this product. Very easy to use and extremely effective and powerful for the job. The vendor should add "nipple extractor" and "internal wrench" to the product description (I used nipple extractor and internal wrench for google search, cannot easily find this product).

The price is ridiculously cheap for a 8-piece set. Most other vendor charge the same or double the price for only one piece.

1.0 out of 5 stars MIGHT WORK WELL ON PAPER, March 20, 2011
This review is from: 8 piece Easy Out Screw Bolt Extractor Set (Misc.)
OK.. Lets face it. A broken bolt or screw is a pretty bad place to start out. I bought this set along with a more expensive bolt remover design. Neither this set nor the more expensive bolt remover design did the trick. I was able to remove the bolt the old fashion way... by drilling through the entire bolt which takes time, effort and patience. Had i just started out with this remedy in mind, i would have saved money, time and wasted expectations. While the design of these tools may work well enough on paper... they certainly did not work on the metal embedded bolt.

1.0 out of 5 stars screw removers, April 17, 2014
This review is from: 8 piece Easy Out Screw Bolt Extractor Set (Misc.)
Not what I was looking for. Would have returned it if there was a packing slip.I would still like to return it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two broke the first time I used them, February 13, 2014
This review is from: 8 piece Easy Out Screw Bolt Extractor Set (Misc.)
Not strong enough two broke the first time I used them. I would pass and buy a higher quality set.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, June 26, 2014
This review is from: 8 piece Easy Out Screw Bolt Extractor Set (Misc.)
do not buy it, only if you want to throw your money away

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 piece Easy Out Screw Bolt Extractor Set, April 3, 2014
This review is from: 8 piece Easy Out Screw Bolt Extractor Set (Misc.)
This is a tool I bought for my son and it's not a tool that you would need every day but it'd nice to have on hand when you do need it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›