pikmin 3 release date

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 17, 2013 3:16:19 PM PDT
it will be in 8/4/2013

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 11:18:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 15, 2013 11:24:49 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 4:33:39 AM PDT
it comes in 5 days, but its already out in japan and europe. its an awesome game

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 7:09:48 AM PDT
The 4th is a Sunday, but Amazon guarantees release date delivery... what's the deal? What do you think is gonna happen?

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 10:24:16 AM PDT
J Pilven says:
If you preorder through Amazon, even if you use Prime 2 day shipping, you may not get the game until Wednesday, August 7th. That's the alert that came up when I added it to my cart early in the week. So Amazon is apparently unable to guarantee release date delivery on this title. I actually couldn't find the release date delivery claim on this product page, which is a first that I've seen for preorders.

I think Nintendo wants you to buy this title on the eShop Saturday at or really close to midnight, which would make some sense given the Sunday release. Nintendo's Japan eShop version has it available since early July and on the US eShop under important information it says "it may take longer to download the digital version of this title..." even though the purchase button isn't enabled yet.

I'm not going to risk it on this one though and I don't want to download this game, I want the box and disc, etc. Target or Best Buy will have it on the shelves Sunday morning when the stores open. The idea that makes sense is what Stephanie brought up, that UPS/FedEx/Ontrac/USPS will not deliver on Sunday, and Amazon can't give it to you the day before the official release date. They won't ship any preorders on Friday because it's too soon. They can't ship it on Saturday either because people like me who live in California will get the game early on Saturday, even with 2 day shipping.

As far as I can tell, for this purchase there is no benefit from getting the game from any specific retailer, such as bonus DLC or anything like that, except that you might save on sales tax but not in my state. That and the last time I preordered a game it was sent from Amazon to me by Ontrac. I have cameras and was home but they said they attempted delivery. I received that game 2 days later than all my friends. Might as well not let it be an issue and just get it at a store. When you preorder at a game retail store, it's like being a VIP because they'll hold a copy for you. You can just waltz up to the counter and give them your info and walk out with the game before the late comers. It's pretty sweet. But if it's too late to preorder in your local stores, I would just go into a less obvious retailer early Sunday morning, like Kmart or ask a friend with a Sam's club or Costco card to help you get a copy of the game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pikmin 3 forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Apr 17, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pikmin 3
Pikmin 3 by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii U)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (248)