Customer Discussions > Celebrity Detox (The Fame Game) forum

A place to discuss Rosie, her books, or anything else

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 16, 2007 3:32:33 PM PDT
On another Celebrity Detox board, a poster said that we could only post about the book. Here, I say, let the posts flow and let's talk about it all. But let's make it an intelligent discussion with FACTS to back up your statements and constructive non-accusatory posts.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2007 6:24:06 PM PDT
Am SO with you my friend.....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2007 6:37:33 PM PDT
S.H. says:
HB... the people on the other board were attacking one another. It should be about a lively debate. Not about rudeness or hurting feelings. I suggested the book only discussion because anything else was just becoming hurtful. I did not mean to offend.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2007 9:04:10 PM PDT
I totally agree with you and you never offended me! I too agree with you about not hurting feelings. In a debate, one should never attack the person; I've said that over and over. Ok, so can someone tell me about what rosie wrote about barabra?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2007 11:39:31 PM PDT
I really do think your thoughts about this discussion are GREAT! I did respond to your posts in the other discussion board because I like being able to read your thoughts while I type my own. It helps me stay on track (getting old), and not stray from the discussion. If you would prefer to post here, just say the word! I have also decided that maybe the best way to avoid those that choose to attack, is by just not responding to them at all....even when I try to respond in a decent manor, some still choose to pick it apart, and attack even more.....

I say.....let the GOOD discussion flow!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 7:01:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2007 7:11:11 AM PDT
S.H. says:
HB- Rosie revealed her personal feelings about Barbara W. She looked to her as a Mom, and felt let down. Barbara is only upset about the fact that Rosie aired their personal discussions. Barbara is very private. That was it.

Shelly- You are 100% right. Stay away from that other discussion board. I just posted my last post over there.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 9:40:54 AM PDT
So, just so I get this straight, Barbara is upset because Rosie revealed, in her book, that she looked at Barbara as a mother figure and was let down? If that is it, then I don't understand why Barb is upset. IF Rosie had written about private discussions or actions between them....maybe.
I am so happy that you two came over here. I think the three of us can really have some good discussions...mainly because we're all not looking for a fight or a controversial shocker post! lol
I don't understand why some people are upset that Rosie didn't want to do any press for her book. I can totally see why she would want to let the book speak for itself. And also, maybe the book is just so personal that it would be quite hard to answer an outsider's questions regarding the material. Thoughts?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 10:56:09 AM PDT
H.B.
Yes, I think one of the things that upset Barbara was the revelation of Rosie's feelings toward her....how she felt about her. She also made mention in the beginning of the book that she had been to Barbara's home once, to a formal party, long before the "View". At that party, Rosie was very much herself (casual attire, laughing, joking, singing), and she felt that Barbara was "watching her", maybe displeased with how she displayed herself. She said that she was never invited to Barbara's home again. All in all, I think that these are things that Barbara would rather be left private. She has NEVER been a very public person, and I don't know that there has ever been anything in print that really airs much about her life. I think Rosie knew this, but felt it relevant to her book to be open about it. I think that is what upset Barbara, to be publicly discussed.

I can totally understand the whole "no interviews" idea. The thing about this book is that it is very emotional and very personal, and I think there may be things (like her last day on the "View") that aren't in the book, but are left "up in the air". You have to know....those are the things that everyone would want to interview her about. The things she DIDN"T write about. As Rosie said on her blog....read it....take from it what you will..... Very powerful. I think she wants the reader to decide, to get it, without her having to try to do it for them. I think Rosie knows, as you said, the book speaks for itself.....no further explanation needed.

I'm so glad that you opened your door up to a new discussion. It kinda feels like a soft place to land. I really like these discussions....I'm actually smiling while I type instead of banging my fingers into the keyboard!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 11:16:26 AM PDT
you hit the nail right on the had with the "banging fingers into the keyboard"! I want to get more into this book so badly, but this is the 3 busiest weeks of the year for me.
I can understand how Rosie would feel like that at Barbara's. Rosie is like my aunt; she likes to laugh, have a beer, take pictures...and always be herself. You can see both points of view there.
Did you read Rosie's post yesterday about Matt Lauer? What was your take on it?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 11:24:40 AM PDT
Also, seeing that you have let us all in with your first name. It's only fair that I give you mine. My name is Hailey. :=)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 12:09:32 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 28, 2007 8:24:43 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 12:13:55 PM PDT
Thanks girls.....so happy to have a name to go with the words....
I don't know if either of you know or watch Ross Mathews, (I love him), but he always does his daily blog with his "blog buddies". Right now.......kinda feelin' like Ross Mathews!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 12:17:52 PM PDT
This is great! Hello Shelly and Stephanie! Maybe I should change my name to Sailey...then we'll all be S's. :=)
Is Ross MAthews Ross the intern that Rosie talks a lot about?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 12:21:33 PM PDT
Shelly, I tried going to geocities.com/hollywood but it said that it's not a website. Is there anywhere else I can go to see where Rosie is going for book signings? I'm hoping she'll come to Dallas!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 1:01:48 PM PDT
Sailey....
Yes...Ross Mathews is Ross the intern. He and Rosie are great friends, and I think there is a link on her blog for Ross' blog. As for the web site. It's geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/8944. If this doesn't work....let me know.
I assume you are IN Dallas (or close, or vacationing, or just wanting to go there). I'm hoping for Kansas City, or OK City. That would be close enough I could drive.....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 1:13:35 PM PDT
I can only imagine being at Barbara W's....elegant, refined, beautiful. I definitely would stand out in a crowd....It must be something about us gay gals....I love to laugh, have a beer, be with family and friends. But I guess that can be said about a lot of people....and I'm sure some gay women would die at the idea of a beer.

You know....I heard that Matt Lauer and his wife are having trouble. They are expecting their 3rd child, and his wife filed for separation.....then last night, he did an interview with Sen Larry Craig which I did not see. I know Rosie hates it when people get probed about their personal issues....she's been there done that....and even when it's Sen. Craig, I think she feels empathy for him.....she can totally relate....

I know you'll enjoy the book when you have time....don't stress.....it all works out....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 1:53:39 PM PDT
I was just wondering about Lauer because her post, at least for me, about Lauer was so left field. I didn't know where she was going with it. As for Craig, I am so upset I missed the interview, but I have read most of the transcript. We all know Craig admitted what he had done in that restroom and yet he tells Lauer that it was all a lie from the officer's mouth and that he had done nothing of the sort. If I was Lauer, I would of asked, why would the police officer lie? He doesn't gain anything from lying where as Craig had "everything" to loose (according to him) if he admitted the truth. Do you ever watch Bill Maher? He had Joy Baer on last week and they were discussing all this. Very interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 6:00:02 PM PDT
Yep, I'm in Dallas. I'll keep my fingers crossed for either of your cities too.
I often heard Rosie talk about Ross. I'll have to check his blog out. Is it juts me or has Rosie been posting a lot less lately?Have you ever had her answer any of your questions?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 12:18:55 AM PDT
I was a bit amazed, too that she brought up Matt Lauer, but I know Rosie has her finger on the pulse of scrutiny, and both the Craig and the Lauer story show the medias need to attack the story like vulchers. And in the wake, they leave so much destruction to those involved.
I NEVER try to miss an opportunity to see Bill Maher...(there you go sharing my brain again) I actually love him because he really is one person in the media that gives me cause to think, and challenge what my opinions are. I tend to agree with him alot of the time, and I like that he has open debates to help further the discussions. I also enjoyed the debate on the children's insurance veto....very insightful.
You'll love Ross, and yes, Rosie has been blogging less lately mostly I think because of the debut of the book, as well as her art gallery show. Busy time for her.....I have written many times, and never been posted, but she has SO many questions. It's like 3,000 a day. It just makes me glad to think she may actually have at least read my words of support.
You know, the whole Sen Craig thing has sparked so much scrutiny. Even if this man did solicit sex (which he said in the beginning he did) who cares? I still have a hard time trying to figure out why sexual preference is such a BIG deal to people. The real scandal I think, is that he is trying to retract, to lie. Now that is a reason to be concerned about keeping this man in office.....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 7:00:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2007 7:01:50 AM PDT
S.H. says:
I think we still have a homophobic society, which is why it is such a big deal about Craig. And the lying does not help either. People look at the Gay community and immediately go to the sex. It is not about relationships, or a life style, and just being free to be who you are. When heterosexual relationships are discussed, sex is usually not on the forefront of the discussion. The country has come a long way, but acceptance is far off, unfortunately. And this is why we have men tapping feet and making signals in bathrooms, and people calling Rosie a "Big, fat, lesbian". Nice huh?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 7:56:23 AM PDT
H. Lea says:
I think the three of you should have you're own show or blog. Great chemistry, fair, balanced, thought-provoking, intelligent discussions. We need more of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 8:49:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2008 12:53:57 PM PST
S.H. says:
How funny! Have you seen some of the other blogs on this website ... I had to get outta those! This one, is much better

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 8:52:43 AM PDT
S.H.
You are so right. Anytime a gay couple is discussed the sex is brought up. As far as I've heard, no one is talking about Craig's personal battle with feeling insecure about himself, but the fact that he wanted a gay experience in the restroom.
Shelly,
I never miss Bill Maher for two reasons 1) I like the fact he has a different perspective on many topics than I do and 2) He "usually" has at least one opposing view to his own to establish a good debate.
I only wish that he would level out the table. The last 5 episodes, Maher has had only one "conservative" or "traditionalist". So that makes it a 1:3 ratio. I did like though, on Friday's episode, how Tucker brought up something I've been saying for months about Ron Paul. I keep hearing many Democrats praise Paul, but they are only doing so due to his stance on the war. In reality, Paul's stance on many issues are the stark opposite of Democratic principals.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 8:54:27 AM PDT
Hey. we got another "H" on here. I guess I'm back to Hailey. Thanks so mucht for the compliments H. Lea. Jump on in on any topic. The more view the better.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 8:56:56 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 28, 2007 8:25:06 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 100 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  2482
Initial post:  Oct 16, 2007
Latest post:  Jan 28, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Celebrity Detox
Celebrity Detox by Rosie O'Donnell (Hardcover)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (131)