Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Can this unit be placed on a patio? My patio is covered, but is pretty open (house on 3 sides, 4th side completely open to yard)
asked by Brett Nemeroff on November 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
Been on my dad's back porch for a year now. Exposed on 3-sides, although we wrap it with a grill-cover when not in use. No issue whatsoever.
Phillyt answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes ........ its been on my patio for a year. We're open on two sides.
This unit does a great job of smoking ........ plus I love the remote control.
Marvin Allen answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think so. You would want good air flow so smoke doesn't build up in there. Perhaps a fan might help to move smoky air out of the patio area? This unit is easy to move. I use mine just outside the front or back door and bring it back inside after it cools to store it. I guess the best answer to your question is "maybe". Give it a shot and if the patio gets too smoky, just move your cooker outside the door.
CaptTurbo answered on November 26, 2012

A
Yes, I keep mine on a deck that is half coverd. It's been there for a couple of years.
It does not get rained on, but it gets dusty and dirty.
Michael G. Herwood answered on November 26, 2012

A
Mine is on an open patio. It can get pretty smokey depending on wind direction. I would put it on the patio but move it to the yard when smoking. You can probably move it just a few feet into the yard. It is very portable.
BTW my meat thermometer went out after ac couple of uses. Bad design on the cable, I think.
ajmg1 answered on November 26, 2012

A
Are you referring to storing it in such a place or cooking in it in that location? Storing, mine is stored on a patio that is completely open except on one side. I put an xl plastic garbage bag over it and then the cover (cover is not waterproof). I store it outside all summer and winter. If you are referring to smoking in that location, I would certainly put it towards the edge of the patio that is closest to open air so that the smoke smell doesn't permeate the house or build up in the patio area. Just my opinion. I do love the smoker, it does a great job and is very easy to operate.
Mari W. answered on November 26, 2012

A
You absolutely can and that would be the best place for it! Protection from the elements yet the necessary airflow to allow it to have proper ventilation. It can be displayed, stored and covered just like a traditional grill.
Malea answered on November 26, 2012

A
You're going to get some smoke. My patio is completely open, and I still get some smoke. I would think that in your situation, in still air, you'd get quit a bit of smoke even if you sat it near the open end of your patio. The smoker itself is nice to have. Cleaning is a bear, but other than that, it's good. Good luck
Kyle answered on November 26, 2012

A
Yes, I have mine on our terrace. I'm on the sixth floor of a loft building. The terrace/patio is covered with openings on the sides and front.
Theodora Mason answered on November 26, 2012

A
That's where we have it. Our patio is just kind of a roof attached to the house, but the unit is pretty close to the house
booklover189 answered on November 26, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product