Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Baby Sale
I notice that some plain-flavored frozen yogurt from fro-yo establishments lacks the sourness of yogurt BUT is not very sweet at all. In other words, it has a kind of neutral taste, neither very sweet nor tart. A biologist who works with yogurt cultures told me that froyo makers actually use strains of yogurt that are less tart than the typical non-frozen plain yogurt that you buy at your grocery. I'd like to achieve this result in a home froyo maker --ie get as non-sour a froyo as possible while adding as little sugar or sweet fruit as possible. Can any knowledgeable user of this or another home froyo maker tell me if and how that's possible? Thanks.
[UPDATED] asked by Nemesis on June 26, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Hi,

For heathier, sugarless sweeteners, depending upon the flavor desired, you can use jam, fruit juice, fruit syrup, stevia or erithrytol, raw or Pasteurized honey, maple syrup, Splenda, aspartame, or saccharine. I would do some Googling on the various plus/minus attributes of each. I hope this helps. C. V. May
C. V. May answered on June 27, 2013
Comments (3) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Google Cultures for Health for more info. Good luck on the holy grail search for a very sweet yogurt. Also, I doubt that anyone else's search for what you want would be more fruitful than your own. REAL expert advice is found on the web than from fellow owners of this machine, it seems to me. Good luck.
C. V. May answered on June 27, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have not used any yogurt to sweeten anything yet. SORRY, I CAN'T HELP.
RADA
Rada L answered on June 26, 2013
Comments (2) | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sorry I have only made ice cream
Willyp answered on June 26, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product