Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
What kind of plastic is this? (What recycle number appears on the bottom?)
asked by Marlene Mayman on November 6, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Hi Marlene - there is no recycle number on the bottom which leads me to believe it is non-recycleable. Recycle numbers are in a triangle and there is no such triangle on the bottom. Enjoy anyway! Sobina
Bina answered on November 6, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There are two tiny circular marks on the bottom. One has the numbers 09, 10, 11 12, 13 and 14 around its outer edge with what appears to be an arrow pointing to the 10. The other circle has numbers 1 through 12 around its outer edge and the arrow points to the 9.
Jennie Reece answered on November 6, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
NO recycle number on the bottom of ANY OXO separator or measuring cup I have. They are not intended to be used and recycled. (Tiny numbers probably relate to manufactured date.)
E. Caroe answered on November 6, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No recycling marks on either my OXO Fat Separator or my OXO measuring cup.
David Becker answered on November 6, 2012

A
I just dug it out and looked. There is no recycle number on mine. If someone held a gun to my head and said guess right or die, I would go with poly-carbonate.
msw48 answered on November 6, 2012

A
I just checked the bottom of mine and there are 2 very small circles that have arrows that are pointing at a 5 and an 11.
K. Colvin answered on November 6, 2012

A
Well I looked, but there is no recycle number on it. It looks like a polyacrylate to me.
J. D. Jenovino answered on November 7, 2012

A
I've checked mine, as well, and it has the same 2 small circles showing the manufacturing date. Sorry.

It's some kind of acrylic, though, not soft plastic -- if that's of any help.
Nightingale answered on November 7, 2012

A
I just chuck in the regular trash when it is of no more use anymore. Let Mother Nature recycle it.,,she has the right number.
Stanley Kasperski answered on November 6, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product