5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Published 21 months ago by Amy NB

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall good but not for long wear
We have used this diaper for several months on a weekly basis. We live in Hawaii so we go swimming at the beach every weekend. I like it ok but I think for how we play it's best to get something not so cumbersome to take off and dries quickly.

Pros:
-Holds pee: while playing so they are not soaked right when they pee like other covers.
-cute...
Published 9 months ago by Peonies on the Beach

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall good but not for long wear, March 12, 2014

Pros:
-cute print
-Contains #2 while swimming: We had this happen at a pool and it was completely contained.

Cons
-takes a long time to dry: so if you go swimming the next day or even later the same day it will be wet, buy a couple
-super snug: thus leaving red marks and hard to take off when wet and messy if there's #2
-runs small: my son is 27 pounds and out grew the 24 month size when he was 24 months.
-when playing for several hours it does rub between the legs. I usually change him into several dry suits/dipes but my hubs forgot and he was in this all afternoon. It rubbed our son raw between the legs (super sad face) because it stays wet while the outer swimsuit dries quickly. We put board shorts over or a full body swimsuit thing usually. Or if your at the pool/beach all day change it after they are done swimming and running around?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, March 27, 2013
This is my second i play swim diaper - the other one is perfect but getting too small. These diapers are cute enough to be used on their own, but also work well under my son's swim trunks. They do a great job trapping solids. I honestly don't know why anyone would use disposable swim diapers. My 19 month old son is tall and lean and the 24 months size fit him well and should for a long time (he's been wearing the 18 month size for about 9 months, but it's getting to be small). Go by the weight chart, not by age, and if you have a baby with chubby thighs, size up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Caution!! Two Children unable to walk after use!!, June 17, 2013
This review is from: i play. Baby-Boys Infant Ultimate Swim diaper (Apparel)
We purchased a size 3 & 4 for my grandson whom wears a size 3 in a less expensive simple swim diaper.

Once the diapers arrived I realize right away that the size 3 wouldn't fit him. The size 4 did fit very well, snug on the legs but that is what your looking for in a swim diaper. I did think the padding in the front was a bit thick for a swim diaper but thought it must absorb very well. Today after swimming for 35 min. my grandsons thighs were red and sore. My little niece who is almost 2 and very thin wears 18-24mo clothes wore the size 3 and she too was red and sore after wearing the diaper. Both of them couldn't walk right and we had to put ointment on their thighs!
They will never wear them again!
I've never given this bad of a review before, the product is not good and I hope no other children have to walk in pain after wearing these!
On the positive side...(meaningless at this point) They are very cute looking, durable.
I have called the company and I'm waiting for a response back from them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small, March 12, 2013
This review is from: i play. Baby-Boys Infant Ultimate Swim diaper (Apparel)
My son is 15 months. I ordered size 24 months and the leg holes were too small to make it pass my sons thighs

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great - sizing a bit small even one size up, May 8, 2014
This works beautifully! It is snug around and I can't see it letting poop out. I have only used it twice, however.

The side snaps are essential, particularly for getting it off! I had not realized it would have them and was pleasantly surprised.

My son is firmly 2T, so I got a 3T. It is a bit small, however, even having gotten one size up. While it fits beautifully now, I'm not sure if it will be big enough come the end of July/August. He is not skinny but not chunky; if your child has skinny thighs and abdomen, this will work well. If your child is bigger, consider 2 sizes up. I don't know if a 4T would be too big for my son, though.

Regardless, it fits now and he is happy in it. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Growing hoy, needed One size larger, May 15, 2014
I really like the snaps down the side on this swim diaper. It's much easier to get them off after being in the pool. My son is growing so fast, I wish I would have ordered the next size up. He is 23 pounds, 33ish inches tall.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK for older toddler... beware the chafing!, August 4, 2014
My son is almost 4 and we bought a 4T. He's tall and slim. This fits snugly in the legs and waist... which I imagine is necessary to keep "stuff" in.

We got this because he's potty trained, but don't want to take chances yet in a public pool. Seemed like a more "underwear-like" alternative to swim diapers.

Be careful using these for long periods of time. After a long beach day, our poor guy had quite a bit of chafing on his thighs, which hasn't happened with the swim diapers. We've never had a problem at the pool for a few hours, however.

A few things to be aware of:
- These take a long time to dry and can't be put in the dryer. If you will be using it multiple days in a row, you may want two.
- Not a slim-fitting as swim diapers, so don't fit as well under trunks. Better by themselves.
- The slim design and tiny snaps would be very difficult for a child to maneuver on his own... obviously only relevant if you have an older toddler.

Still, haven't found a better alternative. They work well enough for our purposes!

2.0 out of 5 stars WAY TOO SMALL - Order 2 sizes up, March 13, 2014
I bought the medium for my 6 month old who weighed 16 pounds. These worked fine, until he hit 17 pounds. Then we couldn't even button them. Order up!

2.0 out of 5 stars Tight, May 23, 2013
Lisa Rosen (Tarzana, Ca. United States) - See all my reviews
My son is 2 1/2 and weighs 31 pounds. I bought the xxl size and it was hard to fit over his thighs. I felt like it was too tight and I returned them.

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, January 11, 2014
What more can you ask of a swim diaper, but to keep poo in, and private parts covered? This certainly does the job on all counts. If you buy the size-appropriate to your child's age, understand that the fit will actually fit as is, and does not leave room for another diaper underneath, however the elastic does do its job, and nobody will be able to blame the horror-inducing floater in the baby pool on your little one.