5.0 out of 5 stars Great shade, "packability" and size easily customized
This is a great hat. I seemed to me like a lot of money for a baby hat but I feel like I'm going to get my money's worth out of it. The things I like:
Published on June 1, 2011 by Tamara C. Pesik

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't breathe
I like that this hat blocks the sun. However, if you are using it for the purpose of blocking the sun, it is probably hot. My daughter screamed after wearing it for a few minutes. when I took the hat off- her whole head was sweaty. it doesn't allow air to breathe. I recommend not wasting your money and purchasing a cotton breathable hat instead.
Published on June 24, 2010 by Tiffany Bowerman

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't breathe, June 24, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shade, "packability" and size easily customized, June 1, 2011
Tamara C. Pesik (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
-- the size is customizable by using a drawstring at the back of the head. I have it as tight as possible and it fits my four month old (he is pretty large, though.) I hope to get longer wear out of it since it effectively grows with my baby.
-- the side flaps do a pretty good job of staying up to give my baby good viewing while also being easily folded down in the back for when i wear him in the front pack
-- the side flaps are a great length, they really shield most of my baby's upper body
-- i like that the straps do not have velcro on the ends (again, more customizable) and that they are very long. i find i don't use them that often, however.
-- this hat is easily stuffed into the baby bag and doesn't take up much room
-- i haven't washed it yet but it seems like it will easily hold up to a number of washings -- the seaming looks tight and the construction sturdy

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of compliments, February 22, 2011
Great hat. Lots of other parents have asked me where I got it. Just wish the straps were velcro instead of ties; it's tough to get it tied onto a squirming one-year-old. But once it's on, it stays on, despite his pulling at it. It does slip back a bit, which then exposes his face to the sun, but I think that would be the case with any hat that is being yanked at. Lots of back of the neck coverage, which is great. The 6-12 month size is a perfect fit, with some give for growth in the partially elasticized band. My son is 13 months, but his head is 95th percentile, if that tells you anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits!, April 18, 2013
I bought this for my 6wk old baby. I took a chance thinking it may not fit. Size description is vague (0-6 months). I was surprised to see that hat has a draw string so you can make it smaller around the head to fit the baby. So it fits!! They should mention this draw string on description, they would sell more.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best sun hat for a baby!, March 8, 2011
Dr. H (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I love this hat. My baby has a big head so many hats don't fit, but the sizing on this is great--it has a little drawstring type tightener in the back so that you can adjust the size as the baby grows. It also has a great floppy brim that is perfect for keeping the sun out of his eyes. And it's a light, breathable material so he won't get hot. The main reason I bought this hat as opposed to a different one, though, is because of the way it ties on--most other infant hats I saw had a strap with Velcro or some other non-adjustable strap going under the chin. This is perfect because you can make it fit exactly how you want, so that the chin strap isn't too loose or too tight. I got the newborn size when my son was 3 months (he's now 6 months) and it seems like it will fit until he's 1 year old. Great buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars cute. not for every baby., June 20, 2011
zoolbia (NASHVILLE, TN, US) - See all my reviews
so i bought the biggest rimmed hat i could find thinking it would offer the best protection. well, unfortunately my child would not allow this to sit on his head for more than 2 seconds. the smaller rimmed hats, he could ignore. the hat is great otherwise, i just thought i would point this out to others because i had not thought of it before i bought this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good brimmed hat for little heads, January 24, 2013
Amazon Customer (TALLAHASSEE, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
I live in Florida and in the winter it gets really bright which my 2 month understandably hated. This hat has a nice wide brim to protect her eyes and face from the bright sun, and it’s adjustable so it’s never too big for her and it’ll last a while too.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's adjustable, perfect for my melon-headed baby boy!, June 10, 2013
I was pleasantly surprised at the size of this hat's brim--it covers my baby's face well in the sun! It's maybe a little too floppy to where it covers UP my baby's face from time to time, but he doesn't seem to mind!

I was afraid it would be too small since my little guy has a HUGE head, but he has plenty of growing room (6-18 months, and my baby is 12 months old) as the hat is adjustable!

5.0 out of 5 stars very cute, September 22, 2011
Best hat we found easy to adjust so he can wear it for a while. Large brim though that can cover his face.

5.0 out of 5 stars The hat you have been looking for!!, June 29, 2011
I searched and read many reviews before buying this hat. I have been using it on my daughter for two months now and I don't have a single complaint! I don't know why there are so many mixed reviews! The brim is large enough to shade her face (but not overly large), and if needed it can be flipped back to she can see better. The size can be adjusted easily with the little clip on the back. The strings are long enough to fit any baby. I HIGHLY recommend this product. The newborn size has fit my baby girl from 4 months to 6 months, and we have plenty of room to grow.

i play. Solid Brim Sun Protection Hat