Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 7, 2011
Although there wasn't much of a description, i still decided to buy it and give it a try. I love it! Even though it says 0-6 months, i bet this will fit up to 24 months. Its big and floppy so the sun will not hit the babies face. Strap secures the hat on babies head at all times.
on June 24, 2010
I like that this hat blocks the sun. However, if you are using it for the purpose of blocking the sun, it is probably hot. My daughter screamed after wearing it for a few minutes. when I took the hat off- her whole head was sweaty. it doesn't allow air to breathe. I recommend not wasting your money and purchasing a cotton breathable hat instead.
22 comments|144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2011
My little guy is 9 weeks old his head is at the 25%ile. So super duper small noggin. This hat fits and in fact you could make it too tight for his head!
on May 16, 2015
The i play solid rim sun protection hat fit my 3 year old as expected, and did a great job of protecting her from the harsh tropical sun. We used it in the pool and on the beach, but there is one flaw that left me disappointed.

Let me start by comparing pros & cons:
Pros:
- Bright, beautiful color.
- Drawstring allows me to adjust this to her head circumference.
- Easy to tie a knot and secure it under her chin. Some people prefer velcro closures, but because my daughter has a smaller head, a simple knot mechanism works better. We returned another hat because the velcro stayed loose on her.
- Lightweight. Used it for hours without it bothering my daughter.
- Water resistant. Perfect for pool or beach.

Cons:
- Brim is not sturdy enough. This is the reason for 3 stars. The hat behaved well when it was dry, but the minute it got wet, the brim started folding down over her face (almost covering her eyes). Once in the pool, she kept trying to brush the brim off her face. I am attaching a picture that demonstrates this flaw. My younger child has a hat from a different manufacturer and the structural integrity on that one is far superior even after extended water use.

All in all, while it did an admirable job of protecting her from the harsh sun, I wouldn't recommend it for water use because of the folding brim issue. If i play can fix this design flaw, they would have a winner on their hands.
review image
33 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2013
I bought this for my 6wk old baby. I took a chance thinking it may not fit. Size description is vague (0-6 months). I was surprised to see that hat has a draw string so you can make it smaller around the head to fit the baby. So it fits!! They should mention this draw string on description, they would sell more.
on June 1, 2011
This is a great hat. I seemed to me like a lot of money for a baby hat but I feel like I'm going to get my money's worth out of it. The things I like:
-- the size is customizable by using a drawstring at the back of the head. I have it as tight as possible and it fits my four month old (he is pretty large, though.) I hope to get longer wear out of it since it effectively grows with my baby.
-- the side flaps do a pretty good job of staying up to give my baby good viewing while also being easily folded down in the back for when i wear him in the front pack
-- the side flaps are a great length, they really shield most of my baby's upper body
-- i like that the straps do not have velcro on the ends (again, more customizable) and that they are very long. i find i don't use them that often, however.
-- this hat is easily stuffed into the baby bag and doesn't take up much room
-- i haven't washed it yet but it seems like it will easily hold up to a number of washings -- the seaming looks tight and the construction sturdy
on April 17, 2015
So cute and fits great! My son is 4 months old and it fits like a glove!
on June 29, 2011
I searched and read many reviews before buying this hat. I have been using it on my daughter for two months now and I don't have a single complaint! I don't know why there are so many mixed reviews! The brim is large enough to shade her face (but not overly large), and if needed it can be flipped back to she can see better. The size can be adjusted easily with the little clip on the back. The strings are long enough to fit any baby. I HIGHLY recommend this product. The newborn size has fit my baby girl from 4 months to 6 months, and we have plenty of room to grow.
on June 20, 2011
so i bought the biggest rimmed hat i could find thinking it would offer the best protection. well, unfortunately my child would not allow this to sit on his head for more than 2 seconds. the smaller rimmed hats, he could ignore. the hat is great otherwise, i just thought i would point this out to others because i had not thought of it before i bought this.
on February 22, 2011
Great hat. Lots of other parents have asked me where I got it. Just wish the straps were velcro instead of ties; it's tough to get it tied onto a squirming one-year-old. But once it's on, it stays on, despite his pulling at it. It does slip back a bit, which then exposes his face to the sun, but I think that would be the case with any hat that is being yanked at. Lots of back of the neck coverage, which is great. The 6-12 month size is a perfect fit, with some give for growth in the partially elasticized band. My son is 13 months, but his head is 95th percentile, if that tells you anything.