Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 18, 2012
I purchased this for a family vacation with our five month old, as we were going to a sunny tropical climate and wanted to shield her from the sun. The problem I found with this hat is that it is made of synthetic material and hence does not breathe, and the baby's head gets very sweaty and hot under it. It ended up balled up in a corner of the luggage, and I used an all-cotton sunhat I received as a gift instead, which worked much better.

It would have been nice, because the shape affords more shade than a typical baby hat, if not for the ventilation issue.

I was carrying her in a baby bjorn. Maybe the overheating from the hat would be less of an issue if the baby is sitting in a breezy spot, but that limits the hat's usability, imho.
44 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2015
This is the second time I have purchased this hat!
First time as a newborn (0-6 months) and now that he has outgrown that one I bought the next size up! (6-18 months)
The great thing about this hat is that it is entirely adjustable sizewise so it will really last! There is a pull tab type thing in the back that you can make it tighter or looser in their head as they grow and always get the right fit.

The back flap protects their neck and back from the sun. Which are common sunburn areas.

The front flap (bill of the hat) does not get in their eyes like a lot of baby hats so baby can actually see!

The material is nice and lightweight and airy so baby won't be super hot in this hat.

I highly recommend it!
on June 27, 2013
These hats are thin enough to not be cumbersome or hot and provide great sun protection. We have the white ones. I thought my boys would resist wearing them but after a month of frequent use, they keep them on! I like the drawstring - it helps to keep the hat positioned well on their heads so it doesn't fall forward causing the brim to flop in their eyes. They even let me tie the straps under their chins. My boys are almost 3 and the toddler size 2-4 fits well with the drawstring and likely will next summer too.
on February 6, 2010
I bought this hat for my 6-month-old. I had an older version i-play hat for my newborn and loved it because it fit so well. I thought this one would be the same, but it is not. Firstly, instead of the elastic band that cinches the back of the hat, there is a draw sting with a plastic piece to hold the string once it's pulled. The plastic piece is perfectly at the back of the hat which means when I have my baby in the Bjorn, it hits me in the chest, and that hurts. It can't be comfortable for the baby either. There are enough complaints about the poorly positioned chin strap in other reviews that it's not necessary for me to go into detail about that issue, but it is indeed a problem, especially since the hat is loose--it doesn't cinch well--and so tends to get crooked on my baby's face or fall into her eyes within minutes of putting it on. I will not be buying this model ever again and instead will look for something else entirely when she grows out of this one (which I hope is soon).
on January 22, 2016
This hat it simply adorable. It fits my 7 month old perfectly. The front and back flaps come out just enough and will definitely protect against sunrays. There’s also an adjustable head strap, so this will be able to fit her as she grows. It seems to be comfortable on her. She totally didn't mind when I put it on her. As you can see in the pic she was smiling. It looks really cute, not awkward. I posted the pic on Facebook and everyone loved it. I purchased this for an up coming vacation so i haven't officially used it yet. but for now she's having fun wearing it around the house. I have no doubt that these will be useful for its intended purpose.
review image review image
on March 25, 2015
I mean... look at the picture I posted. Could this hat be any cuter? My baby has very light skin and this makes strolling on a sunny day a breeze!
on June 22, 2015
Love this!! Adjustable to fit even a newborn or infants head!
on August 4, 2015
A hat that stands a CHANCE of staying on my toddler's head for more than five seconds! I love that this hat offers a lot of protection and it dries very quickly. My 16 month old can still yank it off, but will also allow it for a good period of time too!.
on April 13, 2015
I love it! The draw string on the back allows you to tighten it losen as needed and gives you optimum sun coverage that protects your little ones head, ears, neck and face.
on September 15, 2012
I bought the 6-18 month size for my daughter. She is now 10 months old with an average head size and it is still too large. You adjust the size of the hat with a drawstring. The large drawstring stopper is at the back of the hat (see pic in customer images). This is very inconvenient since she can't lay down with it facing up or rest her head against anything. When the hat is adjusted with the drawstring, it still does not fit well enough so you need to use the ties to secure it under baby's chin. The positive about this hat is that it covers the face very well with a very large flap in the front. The back keeps her neck protected and most of her shoulders. The fabric is of a very nice quality. However, due to this drawstring, I am not using this one at this time.

I have another very similar model by iPlay with the difference that it has elastic instead of a drawstring and has no ties for under the chin. This hat is absolutely fantastic and she wears it in the pool all the time. The ties are not even needed because this thing fits so well and stays in place. If this hat also had elastic instead of the drawstring, it would have been great. However, now I can only rate it three stars.

Update: my daughter is now 2.5 years old and can now wear it since the drawstring stopper does not bother her. I don't know why it is listed as 6-18 months, since it will take her many years before the drawstring will be maxed out. As a matter of fact, this hat has so much room that even my husband could fit it. Granted, he did not have to pull the drawstring and the neck flap was of no use but it did fit snugly on his head.