Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on February 23, 2013
To help those who are ordering sight unseen, the sizing listed by iPlay does not match sizing found in major stores. We have a 12 month old boy who is in the 75th percentile for height,weight, and head size. In Carters, Children's Place, etc... he wears 18m or 24m stuff depending on the item. We ordered the 3T to be safe and it just barely fits him (minus the arms). I can't see how this will last him the whole year. For comparison, we put it on top of his Koala Kids 12months rashguard. The iPlay 3T is about 1 inch longer in top to bottom height and is actually slightly skinnier in stomach and chest width. The neck size is the worst of all. We have to stretch this thing out with all our might to get it over his head and he cries when we do it. We don't have this problem with his 12m Koala which has a bigger neck than this 3T. The 3T arms do look okay in length and width though for our child, but again we are talking about a 1 year old here. There is no way this would cover his arms in 2 years. I know these are tight fitting, but this is certainly not sized for an average 3 year old. Compared to his other rashguards it is just too short, skinny, and a small neck hole. Surely they don't think a 3 year old is only an inch taller than a 1 year old in torso length. This product would work for him today at 12months, but there is no chance it would fit him at 18m.

Other stuff:
As for material and quality, it seems okay, but it is certainly a step down in feeling from his Koala Kids. Not a deal breaker though and it may be better long term, but it's too hard to say.
The color and design matched the site image perfectly, so no surprises there.

Summary: I wouldn't buy again because I don't feel the product design works well size wise. So iPlay, please make your neck holes bigger and/or stretchier. Then make the torso length and size bigger. Then I'll take one.
0Comment|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2013
Order at least 2 sizes bigger than you feel like you need....seriously.... the i play line runs SMALL.... trust me.
on April 14, 2014
Great as long as you size up. My 4.5 month old is wearing the 12 month size and my 2 year old is wearing the 4t size. The baby is in 6 month clothes and the toddler generally is in 3t if that helps. Love these shirts though. Great so you don't have to put so much sunscreen on them.
on July 4, 2015
The large is up to 25lbs, but it still fit great on my 10-month old who is 26lbs & 30". Once i got it on over his head, he was just fine wearing it. I was free of worry from sun exposure and didn't have to keep putting sunscreen on his upper body. worked out great.
on May 5, 2016
UPDATE 2 - I called iPlay customer service and was told that changed this product in 2016 and made the length shorter! The new product shipped out earlier this year and most retailers don't carry the older version anymore, so the 500+ great reviews below no longer apply in my opinion. If you order this year, you'll most likely get the super short version with the bee logo.

UPDATE - I went to a local baby store that carries this in different colors and found out what the problem is. There are two different versions of the same rashguard under the same UPC . One has a bee logo and the numbers 16615V00149 on the tag. The second one has two different logos for different colors (flower on the pink, turtle on the navy etc.) and the numbers 36414V00149. Problem is the first one with the bee is about two inches SHORTER than the other one. In fact the 3T bee version was shorter than the 18 month turtle version! They were all mixed up in the store on the rack so unless you were paying close attention you wouldn't realize which one you grabbed. I'm guessing these were made in different years, because everything else is the same (made in China, 82% nylon).

Since the Amazon picture doesn't necessarily seem to depict the version you'll receive, you may end up with a great fitting rashguard or you may end up with a crop top. Buyer BEWARE!

Nice color and quality, but the length is oddly short, almost like a crop top. Also the bottom is cut circular and not flat, making it even shorter on the sides. I'm considering exchanging for a bigger size, but worried it would be too baggy since the 3T is already fits loosely on my 26 month old, especially in the arms. For reference he's 30 lbs and 36 inches.

I've bought three different rashguards from Carters', Disney and Target this year - they're all 3T and fit about the same. This one's about 3 inches shorter than all the others (in fact it's the same length as an 18 month rashguard we used last summer). Please see photo for comparison.
on September 1, 2015
When I ordered the shirt I chose "Medium/12 months" size, however, when it arrived the tag said "Medium 6-12 months." So just be aware that when you choose the Medium size from the drop down menu it doesn't mean it's 12 months, but it runs small because it's actually meant for 6-12 months. I had to choose a rating so I just chose 3 to be neutral.
on August 1, 2012
I got a small not sure how it would fit. My little girl is 6.5 months and 16lbs, it fits great, will last through the rest of the summer I think (3 more months or less of water weather). Kept her burn free, cool in the pool, no worries. Bought another one for my son but the next size up because it would have been tight on him and not lasted the rest of the season. The are twins.
on July 17, 2013
Although I bought several swimsuits, I end up using this top the most since it has the best coverage and is the best color for the hot sun. It's a very comfortable shirt. There seem to be some fabric flaws (holes or frayed bits) around the collar, but you only see them if you look closely and this doesn't affect the usefulness of this top.
on January 27, 2014
My son is approaching 10 months old and the head opening is too small. Also for him since he's so tall (almost 32") -it's kind of short as well. I'm ordering the next size up so will see....
on April 10, 2016
I never write reviews but I feel compelled to on this to save others some time. This product is great but it definitely runs very small. My twins are 21 months and just started wearing 2T size clothing (they are tall but thin- about 26 lbs & 34" if I had to guess). I bought the 3T size of this mainly because it was $6 cheaper than the 2T and, having to buy two of everything, that added up. I'm SO glad I did because these run very small. They are slightly loose around the arms on my boys but the length of these just barely hits the top of their pants line. I am certain they will grow out of them height wise soon but I couldn't believe it because typically they swim in 3T clothing. Word to the wise- size up! So glad I did! Otherwise, these are great :)