Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
asked by B. Wentworth on December 25, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
It is a computer issue - I have had back and forth issues - good playback after reinstall of Flip software and bad after Windows Media updates. Looks like a Computer performance/Codec issue - camera playback via HDMI is fine. HD is higher data bandwidth and could be putting a strain on even a mid range computer like my own.
Geologist answered on January 7, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
See the discussion "Flip Not Fitting in Macbook USB." There are a lot of people facing the same problem. I had a little bit of a jerky problem on something I shot outside. I thought mine might be due to the fact that I had zoomed in and out. I need to shoot more video to really figure out what the problem is. Perhaps yours had to do with zooming?
LovesDaisies answered on December 26, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
no I think it is my laptop. I bought a usb hub for my desktop and the same video plays great on it. the laptop is only a year old and is a entertainment dv6700 from hp so it should play it back. I will not be keeping this Flip Mino.
B. Wentworth answered on December 28, 2009

A
I too am having the same issue. When I playback the videos in large or fullscreen mode, it's jerky. In small mode, it's fine. I can't get Flip to respond to my email and can't get through on the phone, so I might be returning this one.
D. Ziolecki answered on December 30, 2009

A
Geologist is correct, I think. It is a processing power issue. I have an old single-core Pentium 2.4GHz and no matter which player I try, I get stopping and starting when playing back.

Strangely enough, I've had much better results by uploading the videos to the FlipShare website and playing them from there! I guess they must be compressing them somehow, which is ordinarily a bad thing but in this case allows you to see them without the "stuttering" in the playback.
philo_vance answered on May 30, 2010

A
yes, i had this problem. i noticed that the playback looked fine on the camera, but when i transferred to my computer, it was jerky. turns out the problem was the kind of application I was using to view it. I found the free GOM player, and this solved the problem nicely.
canajuneh answered on November 22, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product