Customer Discussions > Children of Men forum

playback issue with HDDVD on most HDDVD players

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 20, 2007 8:02:34 AM PDT
J Muz says:
hi,

I own this disc and the HDDVD side freezes-up around 90 minutes during the movie.
The Digital Bits (www.thedigitalbits.com) mentioned that a lot of their readers reported the same issue with different players (Xbox, A1, A2,..).
The Bits also say that Universal is currently checking with Toshiba where the issue is coming from. (same problem on The Good Shepherd by the way)

So you may want this matter to be clarified before ordering this HDDVD.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2007 1:07:09 PM PDT
W. Yang says:
Anyone know if the issue has resolved? The HD-DVD was unavailable on Amazon for quite some time and has just been recently made available again. Maybe they fixed the bad discs?

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2007 8:04:20 AM PDT
matt b says:
I finally just returned mine to Amazon, as Universal said they would accept a return for "evaluation" but wouldn't respond to numerous emails in regards to what their followup action would be.

It'd be good to confirm with someone that got one from the "new batch", if one exists, before purchasing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2007 10:43:08 AM PDT
M. Johnson says:
I ordered this HD-DVD off of Amazon, from someone selling it brand new. I've had no issues with it thus far. I'm watching it on my HD-DVD player for the Xbox 360.

Could be I got one from the new batch, or, I just lucked out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2007 2:32:09 PM PDT
G. Gordon says:
SAME HERE. Fortunately, I rent a copy before buying, and the HD-DVD side of this disk(which appeared to be brand new) was the worst I've ever encountered on ANY disk of ANY type. Likewise, at about 90 minutes into the film, the disk froze and locked up my HD-A2 so badly it had to be rebooted. After selecting scenes to get around this problem, I found the disk stuttered about 3/4 of the way through with unintelligible audio. I finally gave up, turned the disk over and watched it upconverted. Universal is purportedly fixing this release, but this kind of thing should NEVER have been put out to the public.

G. Gordon
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children of Men forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Apr 20, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions