please help me find a somewhat custom high end system for music

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2012 9:42:48 PM PDT
I'm looking for a fairly affordable home theater system either with included speakers of high quality or suggested speakers. I would like a dual subwoofer configuration (not dual mono, stereo sine waves of bass (yes there is such a thing). I want to hook up my own high end cassette deck and my own equalizer. I want to be able to stream files from a wireless network I currently have but have yet to add my files to the network.....so yeah, wi fi. I would love to connect my tube preamp to this system also. I am setting out to burn my mp3 collection to blu ray disk then play it back with this system; fully dolby decoded and coming out of surround sound (5.2?), so I'd like full Dolby processing. I'd like t connect my HD radio tuner or better yet, the system would have all 3 bands of available hd radio. I have a Sony Wega, so no HDMI connections. I realize this system would require a top D/A converter and I know Burr Brown is the preferred standard. I would like 200 watts RMS continuous per channel and wish to have a combined subwoofer output of 600 watts RMS. If anyone has a clue of where I may get started with it, please advise. I wish to upconvert my mp3 files to blu ray quality. I was considering using the digistore blu ray recorder to burn the mp3 disks, then either enhance the sound with the current Dolby decoders and the higher bitrate. Maybe I can opt for the oppo 950 for the system itself for play back.
What I am after is truly dynamic sound. Any suggestions, or even corrections to if my theory is totally off would seriously be appreciated. A confused audiophile!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  May 4, 2012
Latest post:  May 4, 2012

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2- Channel Network A/V Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2- Channel Network A/V Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer) by Onkyo
3.7 out of 5 stars   (706)