Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-189 of 189 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 9, 2010 2:01:28 PM PDT
Lizbeth says:
A mediocre writer?! Oh. My. God. Really?! He is one of the best writers of the the twentieth and twenty first century. His books show a complex plot and are diverse from one another. He doesn't leave happy endings just to make people happy. Honestly through the last book of the twilight saga, all I could really think was Really? Every single conflict that could have appeared was dissipated through easy paths.
A child?-she has Renesmee
Bloodlust?-Non existent.
Powers?-Well of course she has to have them.
The epic fight?-There isn't one
Jacob's issue?-Renesmee
Do you see a pattern here?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2010 2:05:32 PM PDT
Darth Bane says:
yeah i see a pattern elizabeth

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2010 6:57:45 PM PDT
I'm sure she will write another one after the last movie is done with which i'm sure they are working on right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2010 6:59:55 PM PDT
Don't you wish you had a fraction of the money she has made from the series????????????????????
If you don't then i recomend stronger meds.

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 4:04:57 AM PDT
Milt Dolan says:
Stephenie Meyer couldn't write her way out of a paper bag.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2011 4:09:09 AM PDT
Well said. I might add that Stephen King, in calling Stephenie Meyer 'mediocre,' was being extremely kind. She's undoubtedly the worst writer who's ever been published.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2011 8:04:17 PM PDT
THAT BAG HAS MILLIONS IN IT, ARE YOU JEALOUS?????????

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2011 8:11:28 PM PDT
at least there isn't any bad language in her books and that says a lot, she is morman and a mother.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 1:21:02 PM PDT
Shanghaied says:
Edgar Allen Poe died a poor man addicted to opiates.

Sure, we'd all want Meyer's money, but that doesn't mean any of us will put any of her books on the shelf next to Poe's 10 years from now.

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 9:39:11 PM PDT
Darth Bane says:
stephenie meyer is dumb and stupid i can see why other female authors are better than her like for example j k rowling and suzanne collins including cassandra clare the author of the mortal instruments and inferinal devices

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 9:43:08 PM PDT
Darth Bane says:
i got done reading the first narnia book months and months ago and that book makes more sense than anything ms meyer can create i did read her book the host after finishing that book she ripped off yet again other famous sci fi authors

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 2:17:02 PM PDT
Awesome! Couldn't agree with you more! And to add to your list- the controlling relationship is seen as loving and protective when controlling tendencies and attempts to sequester a person from the presence of family and friends is a flashing light for a potentially abusive relationship. Not that we see abuse in this book, but it worries me that young girls will see a scenario like this as romantic rather than a danger.

And I have serious problems with him sneaking into her room/bed every night. Yep, that's a great example.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 2:19:11 PM PDT
Darth Bane says:
smeyer is one poor role model

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2011 9:27:10 AM PDT
Alma Wade says:
yay.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  189
Initial post:  Apr 12, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 20, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella (The Twilight Saga)
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer (Audio CD - June 5, 2010)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (911)