Can you plug in a lamp, if your power goes out?
asked by Amazon Customer on November 6, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 answers
A
votes
Yes, definitely. It also is great for charging cellphones/tablets during an extended outage.
J. Boniface answered on November 6, 2012

A
votes
yes....I used it during the hurricane and it charged my phone and I was able to plug a light into it.
WeenieWagon answered on November 6, 2012

A
vote
Yes, you can plug in an AC Lamp if your power goes out.
However you will be limited as to how long by the wattage of bulb,
(Power consumption) You have a limited supply of battery power.
The smaller the lamp and more efficent the bulb the longer the life.
HUTT answered on November 6, 2012

A
votes
Yes the Energizer 84020 12V all-in-one jumper-start system will provide power to your lamp for approximately 2 hours using a 60 watt light bulb. As long as you do not go over 200 watts you will be fine. It will run your computer or small TV for about 45 minutes. Handy tool for Emergcies.
Hilly answered on November 6, 2012

A
vote
If it's fully charged you can. It was all we had for a week after Sandy.
Dorothy Primich answered on November 6, 2012

A
vote
Yes you can plug in a lamp if the power goes out but it comes with a light on the top. It comes with one regular plug outlet
Faith Webster answered on November 6, 2012

A
vote
Yes you can! Very easy access.
javachick78 answered on November 6, 2012

A
vote
I had never thought of that before so I just tried it and it works. Yes, you can plug a regular house lamp into it and it works. I don't know how long it will runoff, though.
G. d'Arbonne answered on November 6, 2012

A
vote
Yep...depending on the lamp you'll get decent performance. If you plug in a regular lamp with a regular bulb, you'll run out of time much more quickly than if you plug in an LED light. It actually has a task light on it on a flexible neck. It has 4 LED bulbs in the light and I used it to read with quite handily and I never so much as touched the power level doing so. Hope this helps!
A Christy answered on November 6, 2012

A
vote
yes, this unit has an inverter, which converts battery power (12 volt) to ac power, like you have in your house
JustMyOpinion answered on November 7, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›