Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
asked by A. Moon on March 16, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 54 answers
A
J. E. Bollaert answered on March 31, 2007
Comment | 25 of 25 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
When the child was burned from standing at the stove at THREE years of age, cooking her own dinner, I realized the parents were neglectful.
Kathy O'Gorman answered on March 31, 2007
Comment | 20 of 21 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
GadgetChick answered on October 17, 2007
Comment | 33 of 33 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The father was lower than low when he took his daughter to a pool hall/bar and allowed another drunk to take her upstairs - for starters. He also stole the piggy bank from his own children, manipulated the money for his own addictions and couldn't keep a job. How can anyone think he is less guilty than the bipolar mother??? They were both mentally ill.
Amy answered on August 16, 2007
Comment | 22 of 22 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Kelley Aaron answered on May 27, 2007
Comment | 31 of 40 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
sprinkles answered on February 9, 2008
Comment | 19 of 22 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I totally agree with this. Most mothers and/or caretakers would not allow a three year
old to boil water on a stove. I am only half way through the book. It is a page turner, only because it makes the reader want to learn more about this dysfunctional family.
I hope it has a happy ending.........................
K. Gallagher answered on May 15, 2007
Comment | 7 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Queen Goddess of the West answered on December 2, 2007
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just finished this book. For some reason, I find myself being harder on her mom than her dad. Maybe because in my own life, my mom always put us first, but my dad was more selfish. Anyway, there are so many things the mom could have done to improve all of their lives, but instead made selfish/foolish decisions -- keeping the diamond ring, keeping the land, not selling the home in Phoenix, eating chocolate while her kids went hungry. I think she's most likely mentally ill. At the minimum, very selfish and immature.
tulip answered on August 14, 2007
Comment | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree. He was just as awful as the mother if not more so. I think it has to do with expectations. You expect a mother to be more selfless than this mother. Fathers are so important in life as well, but, in my experience at least, more disappointment came from him.

Again, I don't think he's any "less guilty" than the mother. I just found myself being harder on her than I was him. Both made poor choices and put themselves above their children.
tulip answered on August 17, 2007
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

See all questions about this product