Customer Discussions > Mao: The Unknown Story forum

popular 1-star review

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2009 12:01:27 PM PST
J. Dooley says:
Does anyone notice that many of the 1-star reviews of Mao: The Untold Story have been given a ridiculous number of "helpful" votes? Is the People's Republic of China behind this drive?

Posted on Jan 2, 2011 11:31:13 AM PST
Cole says:
Don't you think the People's Republic of China have better things to do than to rate book reviews on an english language shopping site?

More likely its from people getting over the book's promotion spree on talk shows and such and many people actually having read the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2011 4:48:48 PM PDT
compsciguy says:
Cole, what is your problem? You seem to think that Mao was a very nice and loving and caring guy. Do you believe that he did some bad things in his life? Do you believe that WWII happened? Just saying...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2011 4:49:07 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 30, 2011 4:49:20 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2011 7:42:15 AM PDT
Cole says:
I'm just sick of these US plants heaping propaganda and demonising Mao. The guy lead huge strides in improving the lives every day people in China; building infrastructure, improving life expectancy, literacy rates, agriculture, medical access.

CIA sell outs like Jung Chang betraying their own country, doing their best to ruin this great man's reputation, and the masses seemingly lapping it up, is a poignant reminder of how good America is with their hate mongering.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 9:22:55 AM PDT
Yes, I also have a lot to thank Mao for. After all, nobody likes in-laws, and thanks to him I have four fewer than I would have. Thanks Mao!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 10:41:33 AM PST
Mark Ham says:
From the 1800's to 1949, "China" was a poor and divided country, "governed" in different regions by warlords that oppressed their peasant tenants, and simultaneously occupied by Western countries like Britain (read up on the Opium Wars), France, Germany, Japan, and U S missionaries, and her treasures pillaged by the 1% ruling class that escaped to Taiwan in 1949. Fast forward to 2012....as per Cole's points
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mao: The Unknown Story
Mao: The Unknown Story by Jon Halliday (Paperback - 2006)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (422)