Is it possible to get PAN Head for this tripod seperately? I was wondering if I can buy a PAN head for this tripod seperately. I tried to e-mail dolica but no response yet. Didn't see the PAN head on sale anywhere else.
asked by Priti Aghera on December 3, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
You can easily remove the ball head from the tripod by simply unscrewing it. The mounting thread is a standard 3/8" diameter. Your monopod probably has the same thread unless it is a very light monopod with a 1/4" thread designed to mount directly to the camera. Even if your monopod is 1/4" you can get an adapter that has 1/4 inside diameter and 3/8 outside diameter to mate the two like this one: Gitzo GS5000 3/8-Inch to 1/4-20-Inch Reducer Adapter
D. Rader answered on March 15, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Here is how you remove the stock ball head:
-Make sure the ball is tightened down good so the mount doesn't spin in place.
-open the tripod slightly so you can grasp the center column with one hand.
-with the other hand, grasp the whole ballhead and twist counter clockwise.
that's all there is to it.
J. Nunes answered on January 12, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
you can use any other brand's of panhead, they're all interchangeable. Just make sure the thread for the head is 3/8". You can get it at any photo store depending on your needs.
Chris answered on December 16, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm contemplating sharing the ball head in my tripod with the new monopod I'm waiting for. Has anyone tried to remove the ball head on the proline tri yet?
J. Nunes answered on March 13, 2010

A
Thanks very much for the reply. It's on there pretty good and before I tried, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to break the thing.

Best.
J. Nunes answered on March 15, 2010

A
Were you trying to change the ball-head of the B100? I thought it said it was detachable.
R. Savio answered on January 10, 2011

A
Yes, the B100. Ok, upon further inspection, I see a youtube video where someone has a different head on their tripod, so it is possible, but I don't have the manual (does it come with one?) and this is my first tripod. So how does this ball head come off?
T. Lau answered on January 12, 2011

A
you are a genius! Thank you!
T. Lau answered on January 12, 2011

A
I read somewhere that with cheap tripods that are less than $150, the heads are fixed on and aren't intended to be removed (http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59154). I unsuccessfully tried to remove the ball head from this tripod after watching this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvB-RhZ2Sds), but it seems like that portion of the tripod isn't screwed on, hence not meant to be interchangeable. Sadly, I guess I will have to return this tripod if I really want a pan head...
T. Lau answered on January 5, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Jan 12, 2011 9:04:35 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product