Is it possible to use the pogo and usb cable for charging the tablet at the same time? I mean would it speed up the charging time?
asked by Ahmad on May 21, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
It's either the pogo or the usb port. Which ever you plug in first. The kernel detects and controls this.
Samething as that you cannot charge your device with the pogo while the USB is plugged into your computer (even though you see the charging icon, it's actually not charging).
hpl912 answered on May 21, 2013
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think it would fry it I wouldn't try it besides you would have to have two of the Samsung adaptors since the regular ones really don't seem to put out enough power to do anything and the USB one itself does so much less than the pogo as its that it's already majority speeding up the charge time, possible benefit vs risk I don't see it being worth trying the pogo itself takes about 1/3 of the original time to charge and that's while the tablet is in use the USB would just drain slower when on the charge and in use
Kindle Customer answered on May 21, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a external battery pack that can easily and reliably charge it. When I have this cable plugged it refuses to light up like its charging

When I have left it charging I did not notice any additional boost in charging time. Aside from the bump for the cable
Neil Vogt answered on May 21, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello Ahmad,
I don't believe it would work - rechargeable batteries charge slowly to avoid rapid expansion and cracking in the internal structures so I don't think it would be worth the risk even if it did work. This is the reason these things charge somewhat slowly.
Mark Peters answered on May 21, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Pogo is so easy. That is its selling point. 2 chargers could be hazardous to both the Nexus and power supplies. Even small differences can cause reverse currents. Side effects may not be pretty. So to answer your ? I do not think it would a good idea. My Nexus 10 using Pogo charged from 12% to 100% in about 4 hrs.
Fred Neumeyer answered on May 21, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I suppose you could - but the Pogo will fully charge the Nexus in about 30 minutes anyway, so any added effect from the usb would be meaningless. And as the other poster said, you might very well fry it.
G. Phillips answered on May 21, 2013
Comments (2) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am sorry but I do not know. I feel that my tablet is too important to my daily life to experiment with its charging circuitry possibly resulting in a manufacturer repair job.
HeSaid answered on May 21, 2013
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›